For those who have gone through the application process...

<p>What should I do about ACT scores? I will be taking the ACTs September 10th, and I'm confused as to whether I should wait to submit my application until the scores are sent to the University or whether I should submit my application before I take them. My concern is that the admissions officers will start sorting through my application and making their decision before they recieve the ACT scores, and they will have already made their decision without seeing them. What should I do?</p>

<p>Take the ACT September 10th, see how well you score, and send them in if you like them, all before you submit your application. You’re not going to get a response sooner than everyone else as I believe UMiami does not practice rolling admission, so why would you jeopardize your application?</p>

<p>That’s what I was thinking, but my parents seemed to think otherwise…</p>

<p>If you already have a good SAT score, good GPA, EC’s, etc. why not just wait to submit it after you get your results? Maybe there’s a place on the application that allows you to put down that you’re going to take the ACT/SAT at a future date.</p>

<p>There isn’t, I’ve already filled out the Common App section that involves test scores. And I’m a little confused. Are you saying I should wait to submit everything until I get my ACT Score or submit my app first and my ACT when it comes in?</p>

<p>i would definitely wait to submit the application if i were you (just make sure to get it in by EA deadline)
you want to put the very best subscores on your common app
even though you could probably send them and tell them to update it, i wouldn’t risk it</p>

<p>To give your parents piece of mind, send an e-mail to the UM admissions office with your question or call directly. E-mail: <a href=“mailto:admission@miami.edu”>admission@miami.edu</a> Phone: 305-284-4323. I agree with the other resonses to your question about timing. Still, this process can be stressful for students and their families. Info directly from UM may help you out.</p>

<p>There’s not such a huge rush here. Even the early decision deadline isn’t until November or so, right? </p>

<p>I believe I took the ACT in October or something and then waited until a few weeks before Thanksgiving to apply. You want to send your best test scores, so I’d wait it out.</p>