For those whose student did Fly In programs

<p>If you or your child participated in fly in programs, don't forget to make sure they get frequent flyer miles. Our child forgot to give the travel agents her number when they booked her travel and failed to do so again at the airports. But we went online and applied for the credits after the dates.
When flying coast to coast especially, these miles will add up to a lot of miles that will surely be helpful down the road.
T</p>

<p>Interesting - my D’s flights were booked by the school?</p>

<p>Yes, our D’s were booked by the colleges or their travel agency. BUT the ticket is in the student’s name. If you contact the airlines and give them the reservation number and flight number and dates, they will credit the student with the miles. The miles are based on the passenger, not the person/agency/college that paid.</p>

<p>One of the colleges actually mentioned that those who have frequent flyer miles should follow up with it (to a group leaving early one morning that flew across country). One mom told me for each fly in, when they gave the college the full name, birthdate, etc. for the travel agency to book, they also provided the child’s frequent flyer number for various airlines and the agency took care of entering that information when making the reservation.</p>

<p>Our D did not do that, so she and I have had to back track and contact the airlines with her flights from this fall and they have then given her credit on her miles.</p>

<p>For kids looking to go to college far from home, the benefit of the miles will eventually get them a free ticket home at some point!</p>

<p>T</p>

<p>Thanks for the info - this is her first and only fly-out (the other was by bus.)
Something to consider if she chooses a school far away!</p>