For UC Application, what counts as non-academic courses?

The app states to NOT list classes such as PE, typing, etc. My question is would health and tech fall in that category (one semester of health, one semester of tech proficiency)? Also, I have a Leadership class for ASB, would that count as non-academic as well? These classes weren’t listed in the list they provided

Are you in-state CA resident?. You can look up all the academic a-g courses by HS on this website. If the classes are not listed, then they are non academic. Health, tech and ASB are not a-g courses. You could list them under non a-g if you want especially ASB.

https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist#/list/search/institution

Yeah I’m an in state CA resident. So basically if it’s not listed in the course list on that website (which those classes aren’t) I SHOULDN’T list it manually in the area where they say to manually enter classes I don’t see. I would honestly prefer not to list any of these, but I’m just scared when I submit my final transcript after I get accepted that I’ll be penalized for not submitting correct information

@Gumbymom

There is a section for non A-G couse work which lets you input courses such as ASB. PE and Health I would not report but you can. Report ASB which shows a particular forcus with leadership.

You will not be penalized for not listing the non a-g courses. You are only penalized if you deleted a bad grade for example in an a-g course to artificially bump up your GPA. Just make sure you have your HS transcript in front of you as you enter in your grades.