Fordham Class of 2025 - Regular Decision Date: Mar 15

Fordham is an open and diverse institution and does not discriminate against anyone (except for people who can’t pay the exorbitant tuition!)

1 Like

My S19 was/is Catholic/Bronxite/Legacy and he still got waitlisted! So those things are insignificant in their admissions.

1 Like

Circling back on earlier post. Honors college at RH notification arrived via email late last night. Congrats and good luck to all still waiting.

2 Likes

No problem! Just a hunch, I don’t think it would be fair for them to consider religious aspects anyways

1 Like

Daughter accepted. NMF. Full tuition. Def a contender.

5 Likes

Jesuit Jewish? Do you mean Jesuit Catholic?

1 Like

Yes, my mistake

Accepted to Rose Hill!

Stats:

92.5 Unweighted 101 Weighted

Varsity Sport

National Honors Society, AP Scholar with Honor, Varsity Scholar, French National Honors Society

Seal of Bi-Literacy (French Language)

Youth Organization at Church

Help children on ventilation

Work experience

I do not see where I can access my financial portal… does it take a few days for it to appear? Or was it because I forgot to do something?

1 Like

I do not think there is a financial portal, we received financial info through email.

Financial portal is at my dot Fordham dot edu

My daughter accepted at Rose Hill. We have not been able to visit. Is it possible to step on campus even without a formal tour?

The campus is currently closed to visitors but I was able to walk around the surrounding area in the Bronx a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Is that for admitted students or for committed students? Thanks.

Admitted.

Doesn’t look like it. The campus is totally gated so it’s not easy to walk onto without a valid reason. If anyone needs any Bronx tips, please send them in my direction. I live about 2 miles east of the campus.

It is a different website - fass.fordham.edu You should have received sign in information after you applied.

Anyone know how many BA theatre students they waitlist?
Thank you :pray:t2:

Okay, finally found an old email, and followed instructions to set up the account.

Logged in and saw the same amount awards as the email received on Jan. 14.

Just for the record, Fordham gives decent aid if you have a very high demonstrated need.
I know several people with a $0 EFC, they need to pay about $11,000/yr (dorm not included) for Fordham.

Students who aren’t super financially disadvantaged but also aren’t super wealthy are screwed. This isn’t unique to Fordham. This is consistent across almost all private universities in the country.

Note: This isn’t to undermine the difficulties financially disadvantaged students encounter. In fact, I believe that they have it the hardest.

The person I referenced earlier, with $0 EFC and $11K COA, has a family income of around $30K a year. So, $11k is over 36% of their income.

If you scale that up, then a family with an income of $100k should be paying $36k a year. Which is in line with how much some private universities expect students to pay.

It is harsh for that family.

3 Likes