Fordham University Early Action Decisions Fall 2023

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2023 admissions is November 1st, 2022 and applicants should receive an admissions decision by Decemeber 20th, 2022. A place for discussions, questions, and decisions! : )

5 Likes

Please provide stats and specify which college you applied to (Gabelli, FCRH, FCLC).

*Fordham University, FCRH, FCLC, office of multicultural affairs, college activities board (Fordham CAB), and many clubs have very active IG accounts. The IG stories and posts give a great picture of what campus life is like.

Good luck to all!

From a Mom of current high school junior who is in love with Fordham

1 Like

Is your kid a high school junior, or a college junior (i.e. already at Fordham?)

High school junior. Has been to virtual info session, in person info session, and tour.

I edited my previous post for clarity.

4 Likes

My kid is a freshman at Fordham LC now and loving it. Feel free to ask me here or PM me if you have any questions. Good luck to your kid!

3 Likes

Thank you!! I may take you up on that at some point! So glad to hear your freshman is enjoying!

1 Like

Fordham has EA acceptance date of 12/15. Does anybody know if traditionally they release early or is on that date? I assume they email telling to check portal?

4 Likes

The Fordham website says 12/19 decision date for EA and ED. I believe last year decisions were released on 12/15.

6 Likes

I’m fairly confident they will release on the 15th. My counselor is assuming that and thats what they did last year - also it seems like all the schools are releasing early!

8 Likes

Earlier this week, my daughter (ED applicant) received an email from Fordham about setting up an account to track financial aid. The email itself was nothing special, but it wasn’t actually sent to my daughter’s email account; she was copied on it. The actual recipient was a new email address that was her first initial and last name, followed by @fordham dot edu. It also had an ID number at the top. She obviously hasn’t been accepted yet…has anyone else received a similar email? If so, who was it sent to?

2 Likes

My son applied EA in mid-October. We haven’t been able to visit but, based on info sessions, my son felt LC would be the best fit and he applied to that campus. He plans to study psychology and minor in Spanish (end goal is PhD in clinical psych.) He has a 4.0 unweighted GPA and 1450 SAT (submitted.) He is a National Hispanic Merit Scholar and hopes to get one of the merit awards offered for that, but we understand those are very competitive.

Does anyone know how and when students are selected for the honors program? I know it’s super selective (less than 30 students per year, I believe) so 1450 probably won’t cut it if test scores are a big part of it, but my son has a good amount of community service, is a level 10 gymnast, honor band member (drums) and has some leadership roles in gymnastics and band, so maybe he would have a shot if it’s a more holistic review.

We were expecting to hear on Dec. 20th so nice to see they might announce on 12/15. We love Jesuit schools and their focus on community service, social justice and welcoming students of all backgrounds, including LGBTQ students and students of all religions (at least this seems to be the case at most of them.)

My daughter is a junior at Loyola New Orleans where Dr. Tania Tetlow served as president before accepting the position of president at Fordham. We adore her! She was so personable and kind during the family weekend, came to our table and chatted for awhile like we were old friends. My daughter told me she had a friend who was really struggling with grades and mental health issues and she personally called him to her office to touch base and help him feel supported. I know Loyola New Orelans is a much smaller school but I’ll bet she brings that personal touch to Fordham too. Good luck to all who applied EA and ED.

8 Likes

Yes, last year Dec 15 at 3pm so 3 more days!!!

4 Likes

Parachuting in here to say this is normal; my son has several .edu emails that were auto-generated upon his acceptance. He has not committed to any school.

4 Likes

Website says 12/20. Is it common for them to release before they “promise”?

2 Likes

I believe that was what happened last year when I saw last year thread

2 Likes

Were they generated upon acceptance or when he sent the application in?

Like I said, upon acceptance. Oh, just realized you haven’t been accepted.
Hmm. I don’t think he got any before acceptance.

2 Likes

My daughter received the same thing. I am hoping it’s a good sign, but we have not been able to set up the email yet.

Hey! Just jumping in to give some hope. My son applied early action last year and was deferred and then accepted in March. His college counselor did not give him much hope with his initial application. He communicated with the AO, his mid semester grades were outstanding and he remained positive. He applied to 10 schools and was waitlisted to Pitt and deferred to Fordham and accepted everywhere else. He did not have a second choice. It all worked out. So this week might not give you the final answer … hang in there. He is having a great year!

9 Likes

That sounds really promising. My son has not received that email and is applying ED also! I would be cautiously optimistic!

1 Like