Fordham University Early Action Decisions Fall 2023

Did people who did not apply for financial aid (meaning did not submit a FAFSA) EA get merit award notices?

1 Like

ours said January 17 for financial aid.

Those who received merit notification, what’s your major? Seems most on this thread are Gabelli Business.

2 Likes

Accepted to Rose Hill Campus with Dean’s scholarship(20k/yr). Submitted FAFSA and CSS Profile. Did not receive NMSF recognition scholarship(full tuition).

Based on previous years, Presidential and Dean’s scholarships are awarded at admission and for EA, full financial packages, including other merit scholarships such as Loyola, come later.

4 Likes

My kiddo is biological sciences.

2 Likes

full tuition NMSF scholarship for gabelli rose hill

5 Likes

Yes. Daughter was admitted to Gabelli business school with Dean’s ($20K/year). Did not submit FAFSA.

4 Likes

Hi, did u get the decision for Fordham?

1 Like

Do those who were awarded scholarships mind sharing stats?

DD was deferred at Gabelli RH with 1530 SAT (790M/740R), 9 APs 4s and 5s, AP Scholar with distinction, 3.95/4.0 UW GPA, National Merit SF and College Board National Hispanic Scholar. Average ECs, but also worked 2 part time jobs while in high school, including an internship at a law firm.

This is her first rejection/deferral, which is a shame b/c she really liked the idea of attending Gabelli at RH and taking additional courses downtown. She already has a full merit ride at another school, but this one really hurt as it was high on her list.

Sorry to hear this. This almost sounds like a mistake.

2 Likes

I can understand the disappointment, but admission and the full scholarship may yet happen. Fordham has a new president, and so their admission strategies may have changed. For example, Fordham was never previously known to yield protect, but they may be doing so now. I would not consider this a rejection if I were you. We just can’t predict.

1 Like

But why would they yield protect NMSF? They get full-tuition at Fordham–it’s a HUGE incentive for students to come.

2 Likes

And yet the really tippy-top students, even with the full tuition scholarship, still use Fordham as a safety. They end up going to Ivys, Stanford, Duke etc even at full pay. It is the “imperfect” National Merit scholars who perhaps more often end up at Fordham–ones who have the PSAT scores, but maybe don’t have perfect grades. Ones who aren’t in the running for T15s. Perhaps they are going to offer the full tuition scholarships to these students first. Who knows. The new president comes from Loyola New Orleans, but prior to that she was at Tulane, which has risen through the ranks by these sorts of strategies.

3 Likes

I’m just saying because I got in earlier today. 4.0uw. 1590 SAT. NMSF. I also got into UPenn ED so I guess I’m one of those “tippy-top” candidates. All I’m saying is that OP should maybe look into what caused this deferral despite great stats. Maybe essays and such need more work to make them competitive for RD. Should view this as a learning opportunity, rather than fall into the yield protect fallacy.

3 Likes

So maybe they took a gamble on you because they really wanted you because you fit some sort of institutional priority for them (For example, maybe you are male, they are really gender imbalanced). But looks like their gamble didn’t pay off, they are losing you to Penn after all, no? Now maybe your Fordham scholarship will go to Pirc’s daughter in RD. We just don’t know.

2 Likes

My son applied EA and was accepted to Gabelli, Rose Hill Campus, with a full tuition scholarship for National Hispanic Recognition!

6 Likes

Yes, I hope my offer goes to Pirc’s daughter! By the way, I’m a white female. Not sure what kind of priority I’d fit but I get what you’re saying.

2 Likes

Congrats on UPenn!!

2 Likes