Fordham University Early Action Decisions Fall 2023

We have not received the invitation.

1 Like

We are in a similar situation with submitting both forms and our daughter being awarded the Dean’s Scholarship of 20K. Should we assume there is no potential, additional merit to come and only possibly aid? I don’t believe we will qualify for aid, so if additional merit is out of the question at least we’d know this is the bottom line for planning purposes and decision making.

Congrats to your daughter on her scholarship! In Fordham threads from the last few years, there were some additional “tuition awards”, merit based, given to some students who had initially just received just the Dean’s Scholarship. These awards were given a few months after EA acceptance/ 20k award. There was a comment last year that they may do it like this so there is an opportunity to evaluate the regular decision applicants when allocating the remaining merit money.

3 Likes

In the same boat here. NMSF with no merit in the acceptance letter. Hoping there is still a chance!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing; I’m sorry it worked out that way - seems strange! I wonder if they thought she would go elsewhere because her stats appear to be much higher than even the top 25% of applicants. Have you considered that this may have been a yield protection move by the university?

1 Like

Our son is also a NMSF and was accepted with the Dean’s scholarship of 20K; not the NMSF scholarship. We too are hoping there will be more merit aid and FA. We submitted the FAFSA and CSS Profile.

3 Likes

My kid is in the same situation. No updates on honors college and presidential scholarships.

3 Likes

Congrats to your daughter! My daughter was also admitted with a Dean’s Scholarship and she had hopes of receiving the Recognition Scholarship.
Her acceptance letter had interesting wording about the Dean’s Scholarship, though. “The Dean’s Scholarship is an annual award of at least $20,000 for each year of undergraduate study with an estimated minimum value of $80,000 over four years.”
Could this mean that she might be getting more funds, if they become available? We’re all keeping our fingers crossed.

5 Likes

My son received an email to set up access to the Fordham.edu portal for accepted students. There was a link to financial aid but only stated that our FAFSA and CSS profile were received, no FA package yet (which was no surprise but thought we’d try.) I’m guessing the “FA information will be released starting January 17th” is accurate but hopefully sooner than later.

2 Likes

My student just received this in an email:

Congratulations on your admission to Fordham University! We are excited to welcome you to our campus and our community.

We recognize the importance of financial aid in your upcoming decision. For maximum consideration for merit and need-based financial aid, students must complete the financial aid process.

We will begin sending financial aid offers (which may include merit and/or need-based financial aid) to our Early Action students on January 18, 2023, and continuing on a rolling basis through early February. As we are sending these offers on a rolling basis, not all Early Action students will receive their financial aid offers at the same time.

Fordham University will be closed starting December 23, 2022 and will reopen on January 3, 2023.

4 Likes

Congrats to everyone who got in!!!
I just opened my portal and I was accepted too!
No GPA, submitted A Levels, 1520 SAT
ECs: some sports, some community service, some internships, little bit of everything

6 Likes

It doesn’t look like anyone has received the Cunniffe Scholarship (full ride) yet. Could it be that maybe they just aren’t on the CC site or are maybe staying silent?

If someone is offered full tuition for NMSF, is there a possibility it could later be upgraded to Cunniffe Scholarship?

3 Likes

I think the Cunniffe doesn’t come out until later. I remember a poster a couple of years back who had a kid who got the full tuition first (told him with his acceptance), and a few months later awarded him the Cunniffe (full ride.)

4 Likes

Son accepted with recognition scholarship to Rose hill, all in acceptance letter.

3 Likes

Okay. Yes, thanks. It looks like maybe April 1. Fingers crossed!

We wait
 fingers crossed!

2 Likes

When do we hear about honors college decisions?

1 Like

We have not heard anything about the Honors Program yet. I wonder if anyone else has

2 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

Our Daughter found out last week that she was accepted to the Lincoln Center Honors program.

4 Likes