Forgiveness Policy

<p>Does anyone know if VT has a forgiveness policy?</p>

<p>My grades from freshman year was horrible and it's bringing down my gpa by a lot.
I heard from a couple people that if you have a big positive trend, that you would still hold a chance. My grades from sophmore and junior year are nearly straight As. </p>

<p>My courses are rigorous, by the end of senior year (I'm currently a junior, btw), I would have taken 8 AP classes, 6 IT classes, and 1 IGSCE class.</p>

<p>Put yourself in the shoes of an admissions officer. If you saw someone was struggling almost four years ago but has been doing excellent work since then, you probably aren’t too worried about their performance freshmen year. In case you don’t like that perspective, think about if you were a sports scout. If the senior quarterback you’re scouting has reliably completed 90% of his passes over the course of the season, you’re probably not too concerned that he chronically threw interceptions during his freshman year.</p>

<p>Besides, you can always explain in your essay or somewhere else why you struggled freshmen year. You can even spin it into a vignette about how you were able to get on the right track through hard work and determination etc.</p>