Forgot to list an extracurricular activity. How badly will this hurt my app?

<p>After I submitted my UC app, I realized that I forgot to list an extracurricular activity. It’s only a hobby, but I like to play basketball from time to time. I practice on my own, as well as playing in some pick-up games once in a while at parks, or after school, but I don’t do anything organized. I probably would have put 12 weeks a year, for 2 hours a week, for all 4 years of HS. Would it have made a difference if I would have listed this on my application? Do I need to be worrying about this? I was already pretty light on EC’s - my only EC’s were Work Grant (providing 35 hours of service to my school each year in return for the financial aid they provide me), as well as doing newspaper for 2 months junior year (I quit after trying it out), as well as being a tutor for other students at my school (just senior year, 2 hrs/wk, 10 wks).</p>

<p>I also have a weeklong immersion trip where we repaired houses affected by flooding in West Virginia, along with 25-ish community service hours. I also participated in a weeklong engineering summer camp at Santa Clara University (Educational Prep Program).</p>

<p>Since playing basketball for me is not an organized or structured activity, and I only do it as a hobby from time to time, I myself don’t think it would have made a HUGE difference to list it, but I’m not sure.</p>

<p>My UC GPA is a 4.4, and my highest SAT is 2050, and I am also taking the December ACT.</p>

<p>bump 10 characters</p>

<p>You will need to compose a formal letter, including your name, UC ID number, DOB, information you want to be updated with, and specific reason why.
This can be emailed to their admissions office or mailed personally. I forgot my extracurricular activities, volunteer activities, and awards/honors too lol. Good luck!</p>

<p>All you left off was occasionally shooting hoops for fun? It will make no difference, it it would seem silly to send in anything about it now.</p>

<p>oh jsut to tell you gbox1273, my information is valid, as I copied and pasted the exact words from the email I received from the UC admissions.</p>