Formatting High School Portfolio for Scholarship

<p>Although I currently have all of my articles and photos from my high school newspaper assembled in a portfolio of sorts I was planing on reorganizing my material to submit along with a scholarship application for sports journalism. The scholarship doesn't ask for any material but I emailed an admissions rep and they said they would welcome the portfolio. </p>

<p>My question was how should I format the portfolio to make it appear as professional as possible without taking up a large amount of space in an envelope? I currently just had the paper clippings but I could possibly access the original pdfs and print them out scaled smaller, although the text would be harder to read. Should I include info such as the date and issue number and if so is handwriting it acceptable or should I type up the information? </p>

<p>If you had any other tips for organizing the portfolio that would be great, thanks!</p>

<p>I took five of my best essays–three of them were published in national publications and two of them in my high school paper–and I put the pdf files on Word. I changed the font and put in some of the photos from them, and then I added the title, byline, publication, and date, as well as a URL for online access.</p>

<p>It all really depends on what you’re looking for. I felt that the small sample of my best work would be most presentable in that form. Plus, it didn’t look like too much to read, with only seven pages worth of single spaced material. You want to make sure that whatever you send doesn’t look unwieldy–they should want to pick it up and finish it.</p>