Franklin & Marshall College Early Decision

Hi,
I’m a rising senior in high school and it’s almost time for me to apply to colleges. The college that I am mostly interested in is Franklin & Marshall and I’m interested in applying to it early decision. Franklin & Marshall states that they are need based school but I’m afraid that if I apply ED I will be stuck with a package I won’t be able to afford. If anyone has been accepted to Franklin & Marshall either early decision or regular decision can you please share your stats and if you don’t mind share your package if you want to. Thanks!

Usually, you’ll get a solid package ED from a school. They don’t like ED students backing out, which you may do, if the package is insufficient. Make sure you run the NPC for the school. You can ask if they do an early read too. I do not know if F&M ‘s Fin aid office will do that.

I urge kids with financial need who have completed NPCs and see that the aid package is doable, to apply ED because that’s when the money coffers are full and there is incentive to have as close to 100% acceptable of ED offers.

If the offer is too far off NPC, you can get an explanation as to why and you will be given valuable info as to how to proceed with RD applications, knowing that you may not get NPC awards from schools. You can adjust your strategy accordingly.

Thank you I greatly appreciate your response! If anyone else can comment on their stats that have been admitted into Franklin and Marshall during ED. Thanks!

I was admitted last year ED 2 with a 1240 SAT (did submit) and 3.5 GPA.

Hey, I am an in international student too. I just wanted to know if there are supplemental essays of Franklin and Marshall for 2020. There were two questions before but I am not sure about this year.

@larlykarly11, did you get any merit aid or financial aid? F&M is quite expensive and we won’t be able to afford unless at least 50% of the total cost is met.

My daughters stats are same as yours. She is considering applying RD for fall 2020.

@art1968 have you run the Net Price Calculator to see what it shows?

So are we thinking it will be Sunday at noon based on last year’s thread? The anticipation is killing me!!

I think Friday is also a possibility based on prior years. This wait is getting harder and harder!!!

Hi all:) I was wondering did anyone know a tentative time when F&M would send ED1 decision notifications?

On their website, Dec 15 is mentioned, but nothing about time

Following.
Our Son applied Nov 13 EA
And had a Music Audition this past Monday Night via FaceTime. With an awesome follow-up email, stating the panel sent a full positive report to admissions.

Patience…
He loves the school, but his list of College Necessities falls slightly short at FM
So one or two other school tick all boxes.
But he knows there is a feeling about FM that might overpower the one thing missing!
… waiting is hard.

Could someone share a calming words while waiting for ed results?

Got an email that said Franklin and Marshall ED decisions will be released at 7 pm tomorrow (December 13th). Good luck to everyone!

I am in!!!

@hellgia, could you share your stats/ECs/potential major?

@hellgia, could you share your stats/ECs/potential major?

Ahhh…
Our Son received an email stating a decision has been made: posting tomorrow at 12/20 @ 7pm
He DID NOT apply ED.
But his application was sent in on 11/13.
Then music audition was 12/7.
So they said music applicants get an early answer. Pretty cool.
Waiting is so hard.

@BagpipersMom My son also had a Skype audition 12/7. Don’t know if he got an email about notification, but probably.
Yes, waiting is hard. Other than possibly getting into F&M, he probably won’t get any definitive decision of being both into a school and its music program until at least late February. Which is a looong way away.

Tempkid3 got in music EA on Dec. 20. GPA and SAT in range but not particularly strong. Top private high school and good rigor. Somewhat undecided on major but could be economics or anthropology with a likely minor in music. 3 sport varsity athlete (Captain in one) but not recruited or planning to play in college (but might try to walk on in one sport). MTNA national finalist in instrument. And legacy. I hope she goes and I think that it would be a good fit (I’m biased) but she wants to see how a few other applications play out before coming to a decision.