Fraternity costs

I will be transferring to Alabama this upcoming fall and I’ll be a sophomore, so I was wondering about the costs for fraternities, and also would I be able to get the Greek 55 meal plan? I’m interested in the following:

Phi Delta Theta
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Delta Chi
Alpha Tau Omega
Phi Kappa Psi

Yes, if you pledge you will automatically be switched to the Greek 55 meal plan and get a refund. As for the costs, each fraternity is different, but they do not necessary put out to the public their total costs. Some of it also depends on how many extras you opt for - T shirts being one of the big variables. You can get an average here: alabamaifc.com/financial-information.html

If you’re not living on campus, you probably wouldn’t have a meal plan anyway. As for the costs, I don’t know the exact specifics but I can tell you DX and SigEp will be cheaper than the other three due to the size/age/location of their houses.

Only freshmen are required to have a meal plan. As a sophomore, you can purchase whatever meal plan you want, or none at all.

My son is a Delta Chi. His dues were $4100 in the fall and $3900 in the Spring. That includes the meal plan at the house which gives him 3 meals Mon - Thurs and Breakfast, Lunch on Friday. He has the Greek 55 and used a little more than half of the swipes in the fall. He won’t supplement the fraternity meal plan next year with anything from the school.

I met a sophomore from his pledge class when I visited, point being that they take soph pledges. I can’t speak for other fraternities.

So do you how much his dues will be without the meal plan?

Yes, I’d like to know that too. If he has a meal plan on campus that’s comparable, how much is that? That would help see the exact cost of the fraternity in terms of dues. Thanks

^^ When I said above that only freshmen were required to have a meal plan, I was referring to the University meal plan (the Greek 55 referred to in the OP). That doesn’t mean a fraternity meal plan is not required.

parrotdr and Trump45: every fraternity is going to have a different amount for their dues, meals, etc. In fact, some fraternities have houses but don’t serve meals, and some fraternities don’t even have houses! I doubt you will be able to find that info. A range is about as much as you can expect. You could, of course contact individual groups and ask for it. Or you could contact the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life: ofsl.sa.ua.edu/ or the Interfraternity Council: alabamaifc.com/main.html

2700 or more per semester w/o meal plan. Add the 55+ plan, or full plan to that cost.

Does the due cost cover living at the house?

@perch1024 I know that it doesn’t, but financial aid covers living in the house.