Fraternity invite

<p>I had let a fraternity on campus know that I was interested in their fraternity and I received notice from them that they wanted me to come to a band party they are having soon. I can’t go to this because my family just doesn’t have the money to get me up there when we are going up to the campus for university days a week or two later. What should I tell them. Should I ask to visit the house when I am up there?</p>

<p>As with most invitations, you will have to respectfully decline. Band parties are popular times to visit fraternities, but it is understood that incoming freshmen can’t always get to Tuscaloosa for them. </p>

<p>As a related question, has your family figured out a way to pay for the additional costs of a fraternity? If not, I would highly suggest doing so.</p>

<p>Thank you. Yes we have figured out a way to pay for the cost. My grandparents will most likely be paying the cost of that as part of a graduation present. I should also be receiving a good financial aid package.</p>

<p>I would thankfully decline and say you will be on campus a few weeks later & could you arrange a visit. Short & sweet.</p>

<p>S wasnt able to go to any of the Greek events, but did complete the online interest form. I’m not sure how he ultimately connected with his fraternity though.</p>

<p>I would agree with the above. Contact the fraternity and politely decline explaining that you have a conflict and are unable to attend. As Indinct said then suggest that you would like to get together with the brothers when you are campus for University Days.<br>
If you do make plans to get together then make sure you reconnect with them a day or two before you are scheduled to arrive.</p>