Freshman Backpacks

<p>Wow! I need some Never Wet!! If anyone happens to find it let us know! Thanks, TXA!</p>

<p>You can order it online from Home Depot. </p>

<p>[Rust-Oleum</a> Stops Rust 18 oz. NeverWet Multi-Purpose Spray Kit-274232 at The Home Depot](<a href=“http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/204216476]Rust-Oleum”>http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/204216476)</p>

<p>It’s available at Home Depot with free shipping. The reviews are mixed, but I ordered one to try it out…</p>

<p>[Rust-Oleum</a> Stops Rust 18 oz. NeverWet Multi-Purpose Spray Kit-274232 at The Home Depot](<a href=“http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-18-oz-NeverWet-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Kit-274232/204216476#.Ucxm0xZp8k8]Rust-Oleum”>http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-18-oz-NeverWet-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Kit-274232/204216476#.Ucxm0xZp8k8)</p>

<p>LOL Class2012Mom - as my kids would say, “Jinx, you owe me a soda!” (do anyone else’s kids say that??)</p>

<p>Gosh, this brought back memories of elementary school!
“Jinx, can’t talk till someone says yer name.”
“Jinx, black magic, white magic, rainbow.”
“Jinx yerself; I’m jinx-proof.”</p>

<p>Just order some NeverWet. I may go a bit crazy…</p>

<p>We just ordered one too. I’ll let everyone know how they work on shoes, that’s what I really want it for.</p>

<p>[NeverWet</a> spray-on coating REPELS water, mud and oils from your clothes | Mail Online](<a href=“NeverWet spray-on coating REPELS water, mud and oils from your clothes | Daily Mail Online”>NeverWet spray-on coating REPELS water, mud and oils from your clothes | Daily Mail Online)</p>

<p>NeverWet is ahhhhhmazing!!!</p>

<p>Anyone received theirs yet?</p>

<p>I bought some at Home Depot in Tuscaloosa when we were visiting the boy. I think we are going to try to spray his backpack. Haven’t done it yet. Anyone else tried?</p>

<p>Try it on other things first and see what you think. We sprayed shoes, a baseball cap, and an outdoor cushion just to see how it would come out. The product seems to work very well, but it leaves a hazy/frosty coating on the item that is a bit tacky and stiff. The baseball cap was really pretty gross afterwards, as was the cushion. The shoes were great though.</p>

<p>I think it will be best for shoes, although I would hesitate to use it on dark colored shoes. It’s great for S’s white sneakers though.</p>

<p>Still haven’t decided whether to do the backpack yet.</p>

<p>I just called North Face to ask about S backpack. And they said it is waterproof / water resistant…</p>

<p>I’m wondering if you guys sprayed the INSIDE of the backpack instead of the outside (in order to avoid the coating/frosting), if that would also work at keeping moisture from getting in?</p>

<p>It is probably just easier to get a waterproof pack and use a waterproof sleeve if there is any doubt. Rains can be very heavy at times with strong winds. Even a pack that is waterproof may prove to have some “access” points which could require an additional waterproof layer. Sometimes kids just don’t seal all the openings. Losing a computer to water damage is way too expensive…better safe than sorry.</p>

<p>Interesting, thanks for the feedback. Definitely good to know. I guess the old “treat an inconspicuous area first” is quite applicable here.</p>

<p>aeromom, I’m sure it would still work, but then it seems like the stuff would get all over his books (I’m not sure how much it will rub off, but it does seem to rub off at least a bit). Of course, on the outside of the backpack it would get all over his clothes…I really think it is best suited to sneakers. Not quite the miracle product that it appears to be in the video, but it will be nice to have his feet stay dry in his sneakers anyway.</p>

<p>The other thing that remains to be seen is the longevity of the waterproofing.</p>

<p>Ours arrived last week. Still in the box. Too dry here in Big D to even test it out.<br>
Trying to decide what I may want to test it on. Maybe the girls Tom’s?</p>

<p>As for laptops, how are the cases? Any that are highly recommended? Think that might be the more reliable route for us to take with D as I know she won’t break out any waterproof pouch if it starts raining much less carry it with her all the time.</p>

<p>I need NeverWet feedback please…</p>

<p>Any of you try it on backpacks or shoes???</p>

<p>TXA – My son tried it on his school uniform Sperrys. The good news is that it definitely works. He purposely left them out in the rain and they stayed dry. The bad news is that it discolored his shoes pretty severely. I am not sure that he will be willing to wear them. I wouldn’t use the product on anything until you experiment on something unimportant to determine whether the results are acceptable.</p>

<p>Used kiwi camp dry on son’s backpack 2years ago. It did not leave a residue. He hasn’t complained about anything getting wet.</p>

<p>Perhaps NeverWet is best left to industrial applications and items with aesthetic appeal should be treated with the Kiwi-type products…</p>

<p>Too bad.</p>