Freshman checklist

<p>post any and all checklists that u believe will help incoming freshman this fall, such as myself.</p>

<p>See the lists for Res Halls and the CC lists for what to bring. Note that you can buy the computer...cables from your hall desk, cheaper than elswhere, I believe. I would invest in my own mattress pad as the vinyl covered mattresses can use more than the thin one provided (remember to save the provided one for turning in in the spring!). You can always get a smaller than the recommended rug size so just think of that as a maximum size. Check with your roommate for who's bringing the one allowed per room microwave oven, and get stuff to use with it. Knowing what the dorms are like- consider a shelving unit to fit in your closet- don't forget when choosing a size to consider the other stuff you need to put in there, such as a large laundry hamper, shoes, hanging things, and the height of the clothes bar. I think a 2 ft deep by 5 ft high unit, by ? width should work. Check for wall fasteners allowed, remember the light bulbs for any lamps. Consider a large lounge pillow and a throw (for clueless guys, that's a small blanket). A summer weight blanket and comforter for winter- may not want to bother with a bedspread. A fan. I think one set of sheets is fine- you will not be sleeping while doing laundry... Don't forget to hit your local stores for the cheap school products, $.10 notebooks, pens, pencils... Remember to check the UW DoIT site for the free computer software before spending $ on it. You have info from SOAR, read it. The dorm washers are front loading, consider the "he" laundry detergent (and you stuff those full, you don't need to leave the room you need to for top loaders) - use more than one free dryer if you have to per washer load.</p>

<p>Addenda- check the parents CC site - parent cafe, at the top for the lists thread.</p>