Freshman Convocation

<p>D is asking about the convocation tonight. She’s not sure if she should go. Any opinions? It seems to be optional.</p>

<p>There should be an Honors College convocation in a few days; it’s important to attend that one. As for the one tonight, it’s a good way to see the inside of Foster Auditorium and have a ceremonial start to ones time at UA.</p>

<p>Thanks Seatide! That is what she was thinking, but wanted to make sure. She hasn’t heard anything about the date for the Honors Convocation, although the Honors College sent an email reminding students about the new and transfer student convocation this evening. That confused her.</p>

<p>I believe that the Honors Convocation is mandatory.</p>

<p>How did it go? Anyone go?</p>

<p>Since I’m on AHC, I went to help usher the freshman convocation. It was interesting, just a few short speeches and “pinning” of students that represent UA in all different areas. A real emphasis on diversity and all the opportunities to get involved. Lasted about 45 minutes, and afterwards there was a little reception where the fish could go talk to some of the deans. Good cookies and punch!!</p>

<p>On a side note, I never went to Honors Convocation my freshman year. Must have missed that memo.</p>

<p>^ Kinda like our mandatory “All-Marketing Meetings” here at work. If you don’t go, nobody notices that you’re not there. You do miss out on some great BS Bingo, though – you learn new words like “ideating” and “learnings,” and you get to see how many different ways the marketing honchos can use “leverage” as a verb.</p>