Freshman Dorms

<p>Hey I am still debating about if I will attend Purdue, but I was wondering if anyone had any information about dorms. Do you get to pick a preference or are you just randomly assigned to whatever they give you. What are the most social dorms for freshman (I need to meet people because I will know absolutely no one)? Also, are the students in the UHP required to live together/in a specific dorm? Also, I am in the College of Technology, so are there dorms that are closer to this? Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Your freshman year you have to apply for housing by a certain date and whatnot and you will rank your housing preferences when you sign your housing contract. Everyone is randomly assigned a number (they don’t tell you what your number is and it doesn’t matter who signs the housing contract first). </p>

<p>So if you’re the first numbers, you’ll most likely get your first residence hall pick. Once the residence halls start filling up, even if a dorm is your third choice and you were assigned a relatively good number, if the dorm is full, it’s full and they’ll move on-to your fourth or fifth choice depending on availability. You get what you get. But if you’re in UHP you have the option of living in the learning community and they all live in Shreve Hall, which is a typical freshmen dorm. Most dorms are social, if not all of them. If you leave your door open a lot, you’ll meet people. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, most of the College of Technology classes will probably be in Knoy, which is all the way across campus; so there isn’t really a dorm that’s close to it.</p>

<p>It doesn’t matter for your freshman year about the distance from your dorm to Knoy. You might not even have a class there because you will be taking Gen. Eds. mainly.</p>