Freshman Dorms?

<p>I'm looking at the dorms for freshman at Loyola. When my sister went, she lived at Mertz and loved it. Does anybody know anything about the newer dorms? I love de Nobili, but don't know if being in a smaller dorm will affect my college experience. What do you think?</p>

MERTZ TILL IT HURTZ!!! I lam personally biased towards Mertz, but it does have its downfalls. If you want a dorm that is newer and clean, then go for denobli (the dining hall is in the dorm and you don’t have to go outside to get food in the winter). San Fran is basically in the same boat. Simpson has a lot of learning communities, so people there are very close (also has a dining hall which is totally underrated). If you are lucky enough to get Regis good for you, socially idk how you will do freshman year living there but it has the best location and is just the best looking dorm. AVOID CAMPIAN AT ALL COSTS (honors dorm, people are so antisocial there and it is just horrible in every way). Now Mertz… honestly I wouldn’t have done my freshman year any other way. There are like 500 people in the dorm and you become so close will the people on your floor. The downside I would have to say is that mertz is like a mini high school, everyone knows each others business. Socially this is the best dorm to live in. Some other dorms like de nobli and san fran have less social people that came to loyola to study but if you want to be with people that have a good time and like to go out and will stay up till 5am running around chicago and going to parties then mertz is your best bet.