Freshman Enrollment Deposit and Housing

<p>I received an email last night reminding my to pay my freshman enrollment deposit of $200 and housing $250 prepayment.
I once thought that they were the same thing, but is this telling me that I have to pay $450?..</p>

<p>That’s correct. In order to pay your mostly refundable housing deposit, you have to pay your non-refundable enrollment deposit.</p>

<p>You are correct that they are not the same thing. It is a total of $450.</p>

<p>Oh that’s great lol my moms going to kill me. I wish there were waivers for this, or I could use my financial aid for it.</p>

<p>I have heard of the deposits being waived for low income students. Call and ask.</p>

<p>Yes, deposits are waived for some Pell students.</p>

<p>What is pell?</p>

<p>Pell is a federal grant that’s given to students with very low EFCs.</p>

<p>Oh. The Pell Grant. I received that. $5000
So how do I have the payment waived?</p>

<p>Ok…you need to contact admissions and ask how a Pell Grant student gets her deposits waived. Also, ask if you can get your earlier deposit returned since you didn’t know that low-income kids can have deposits waived.</p>

<p>Did you use a fee waiver when you applied?</p>

<p>I haven’t paid for it yet, so now all I have to do is asked.</p>

<p>And no I didn’t use a fee waiver because I used every waiver I had for my SAT/ACT. I only received 2 each.
I didn’t know there were any other waivers.</p>

<p>My friend used fee waivers for the ACT and although she isn’t attending not did she apply to UA, the one school she did apply to only required her to send a copy of some sort of ACT fee waiver letter she had recieved. I think that’s what it was. It just had to have a seal from our high school on it.</p>

<p>She did that for the application fee at her chosen school, sorry forget to mention that. I’m assuming the process is the same or similar for UA.</p>