Freshman Enrollment Deposit

<p>Freshman Enrollment deposit is now live !!</p>

<p>I saw that too! One more step to check off the list.</p>

<p>So by clicking the link, do we pay now or later ?</p>

<p>Question for everyone. I am sure this has been posted before but I can’t find it. Does housing use the enrollment deposit or the housing deposit as the pecking order for room selection? I want to wait to put in the enrollment deposit as long as possible without giving up prime housing selection. thanks in advance for any help.</p>

<p>Did you guys receive anything in the mail yet? We still haven’t gotten anything…</p>

<p>Enrollment first, then housing. I think I have read here on this forum that housing deposit usually opens up in Oct. I guess we should all just keep watch on MyBama so that we can spread the word if it opens earlier.</p>

<p>I paid this morning.</p>

<p>Nothing in the mail, but all the expected scholarship tabs were added to Mybama and DD received an e-mail about applying for another.</p>

<p>LittleMiss…you can deposit now or later…your choice.</p>

<p>To the other ?..</p>

<p>The date you submit your HOUSING deposit is what determines your housing pick date/time.</p>

<p>So if I click the link, I pay ? Is that how it works ?</p>

<p>Although I don’t anticipate a change of plans to attend by my D, is this deposit refundable?</p>

<p>This deposit is non refundable. </p>

<p>It is considered a prepayment for fall tuition.</p>

<p>The enrollment deposit is non-refundable. </p>

<p>Upon admission to UA, all entering freshmen are required to submit a $200 nonrefundable Freshman Enrollment Deposit (Fall tuition prepayment). Here are a few things to remember about the enrollment deposit and how it fits into the Admissions process:</p>

<p>The Freshman Enrollment Deposit must be paid before applying for housing or registering for orientation.</p>

<p>You will be able to pay your $200 Freshman Enrollment Deposit as long as Freshman seats remain available.</p>

<p>Further instructions will be sent via myBama email to students who are admitted to UA.</p>

<p>Here is a link to the payment instructions.</p>

<p>[Undergraduate</a> Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/help/paying_deposit.html]Undergraduate”>http://gobama.ua.edu/help/paying_deposit.html)</p>

<p>You must pay the Enrollment deposit before paying the Housing deposit, but the Housing prepayment portion of the Housing deposit is refundable as noted below.</p>

<p>Housing Deposit
After agreeing to the housing contract, the final step you must complete in order to submit your housing application is to pay the $250.00 deposit ($25.00 application fee and $225.00 prepayment.) If you do not attend UA, you may cancel your housing application with Housing and Residential Communities prior to May 1, 2013, and you will receive a full refund of your $225.00 prepayment. If you cancel between May 2 and June 1, you will receive a refund of $125.00. To submit a cancellation, please fill out the online form.</p>

<p>Here is the link for the Housing deposit information:</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/apply.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/apply.cfm)</p>

<p>Thanks to both of you! I knew the housing deposit was partially refundable. Wasn’t sure of this Freshman deposit.</p>

<p>Roll Tide, drw4taww. The earlier you pay the Housing deposit, the better off you’ll be when room selection rolls around. It will be here before you know it!</p>

<p>I just saw the deposit link was live! I came here to post and yall had beat me to it :slight_smile: D got UA mail today a letter and a certificate, she was very pleased!</p>

<p>Has anyone paid the enrollment deposit? If I understand all of this correctly even if we pay the enrollment deposit today, the housing deposit is not available until Oct 1 correct?</p>

<p>I found out about my acceptance last week and my mom and I paid the deposit this morning. How can I find other students who hvae been accepted? I will be coming from NY and it would be nice to start meeting the class of 2017.</p>

<p>I do think the enrollment deposit is refunded first Semester IF the student has a full scholarship. The scholarship is not reduced by $200… Most know this, but it wasn’t clear to us last year, and we did get our $200 refunded this month.</p>