Freshman Football Ticket Info

<p>D just got an email in her Crimson account about Freshman football ticket packages. Check your email!!</p>

<p>Can you ask her to post the contents of the email? I’d like to see how the packages are broken up this year.</p>

<p>Here you go!</p>

<p>New Student Packages for the 2011 football season will be available for purchase beginning at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 1, 2011. The student ticket order will be available only online on the home tab at myBama.ua.edu. Road game tickets are available to returning students only.</p>

<p>There is a limit of 1 new student ticket package per student. Ticket packages are subject to availability. New students will choose one package from the options below:</p>

<p>Plan A</p>

<p>Kent State
September 3</p>

<p>Arkansas
September 24</p>

<p>Tennessee
October 22</p>

<p>Georgia Southern
November 19</p>

<p>Plan B</p>

<p>North Texas
September 17</p>

<p>Vanderbilt
October 8</p>

<p>LSU
November 5</p>

<p>Students who gain free access to home games will have their tickets refunded prior to the season. </p>

<p>Students who fall into this category include, but are not limited to, members of the Million Dollar Band, cheerleaders, SGA block seating, NCAA athletes, and Capstone Men and Women. Once the rosters for these organizations are finalized, students who are members of these organizations will receive refunds for the tickets they have purchased.</p>

<p>You can convert a student ticket to a student guest ticket.</p>

<p>If you want to purchase a student guest ticket, you must stop by the Alabama Athletic Ticket Office the week of each home game to convert the ticket. The cost is the face value of the ticket minus $5 (already paid by student). For example, a public ticket for the Arkansas game is $55. The cost to upgrade to a student guest ticket would be $50. Student upgrades are done Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during the week of each home game.</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, North Texas is Parents Weekend and Vanderbilt is Homecoming. </p>

<p>Am I correct on this?</p>

<p>If so, very nice that they added LSU to that package.</p>

<p>When can parents sign up for Parents Weekend and get tickets?</p>

<p>So what are we thinking, plan A and can buy tickets or request for parents weekend? That only leaves two games to try to get tickets for- LSU & Vandy?</p>

<p>Thanks. I came close to predicting it right in this thread <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1117456-football-tickets-returning-students-2.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1117456-football-tickets-returning-students-2.html&lt;/a&gt; Just had Kent St instead of North Texas.</p>

<p>If I had to choose this year I’d pick package B. But it’s certainly not as easy a choice as it was last year IMHO.</p>

<p>If you go game by game it’ll help you make your decision</p>

<p>Package A
Kent St - 1st game of season but will be EASY to get a donated ticket from the ticket bank since it’s a no-name opponent and a holiday weekend when some kids will be on vacation with their families.</p>

<p>Arkansas - 2nd best game on schedule (competitive wise). If you get on the donate list early you’ll get a ticket. Otherwise you might have to buy one ($25 max)</p>

<p>Tennessee - a huge rivalry game but they suck right now which takes some luster off the game. Again if you get on the list early you’ll get a ticket. Otherwise you’ll be able to buy one from another student for $20 - $30.</p>

<p>Ga Southern - lousy opponent. Easiest ticket to get by far. You could buy tickets on the 50 yard line for face value for this game. You’ll get a donated ticket with no problem.</p>

<p>Package B
North Texas - Parent’s weekend but lousy opponent. See Ga Southern above. You’ll get a donated ticket with no problem.</p>

<p>Vandy - Homecoming makes this ticket a lot tougher than it would be. You’ll get one if you get on the list early. Otherwise look to pay $20 - $25 for one off another student.</p>

<p>LSU - Best game of the year by far. Your chances of getting a ticket off the donated list are slim. Look to pay no less than $50 for this ticket from another student. If both teams are undefeated going into the game (very possible) then you’ll be paying $100 or so.</p>

<p>BTW, it’s nice that they’re having the sale on mybama. Makes the process that much smoother and they’ll be billed to your student account instead of having to pay by credit card upfront.</p>

<p>I’d choose package B because in my opinion it comes down to Arkansas & Tennessee versus Vandy and LSU. The other games are a wash and tickets will be easy to get for any of those games. </p>

<p>Since LSU is the biggest game of the year I’d choose the package that had that game. Just my opinion.</p>

<p>This is the Perfect Storm of Parental Worries: I have to worry about football tickets AND registration for classes IN THE SAME DAY!!!</p>

<p>^^^We did that, too! Our Bama Bound session coincided with buying football tickets and registering for parents weekend. There is a computer lab in the basement of the Ferg, which was filled with students doing the same thing. It can be done!</p>

<p>Keep in mind that if your child has a tix for the Parents Weekend game, then he/she will be sitting in the student section…not with you.</p>

<p>This is probably a dumb question technology-wise – in return for free room and board my teenagers sync my IPod for me and upload my photos to Facebook. If we’re at Bama Bound, and I bring a laptop – will we be able to get a wireless connection instead of waiting in line for a school computer?</p>

<p>The Alabama campus is wireless, so you should have no problem getting a connection. But do log on a few minutes early.</p>

<p>I travel everywhere with my MIFI and can log in to the internet while on the road. Had no problems with my connections anywhere on campus (it is Verizon). If you have a smart phone you could also get on the internet that way. OR if you are staying in a hotel with internet service and traveling with your laptop, someone can just stay behind to login and make the purchase.</p>

<p>I believe you have to use the username and password that is set up for myBama to access the UA network, so make sure your student shares that with you before he goes off to his events for the day. It’s not an open network.</p>

<p>You shouldn’t need a laptop. Anyone with an iphone or android phone should be able to get on mybama and order tickets with no problem. </p>

<p>Disclaimer: check to be sure your phone can handle the site before the sale day.</p>