Freshman Honors Dorm

<p>My DS will be a freshman next year. He is in honors and I just paid the housing fee. Is there enough room in the honor dorm(s) for all the freshman honor students or is there a chance he won’t be able to live in one? Also if there is more than 1 honors dorm which one should he choose if he gets a choice? Finally am I reading it correctly in that if they aren’t in the honors dorm the first year they can’t move into it later? Does that mean that if he was in Blount as a freshman he couldn’t move to the Honors dorm as a sophmore?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>UA will accomodate all honors freshman who want honors housing if you meet the deadlines.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>This is personal preference. Layouts are different but all are good. </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yes, if you don’t start in honors housing you can’t choose honors housing later. Can’t answer your question about Blount but I’m sure someone else will come along for that.</p>

<p>Next year, the Honors dorms will be:</p>

<p>Ridgecrest South…BOTH towers…north and south</p>

<p>Ridgecrest East</p>

<p>Ridgecrest West</p>

<p>They’re all very good. Frosh tend to like Ridgecrest South because that’s what they’re shown on tour.</p>

<p>can they fit all the honors freshmen in rcs??</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>There are about 1500 honors frosh…not all will choose Ridgecrest South…and not all will even choose to be in honors housing. </p>

<p>Since some rising sophs will be returning to RS, that hall won’t be all frosh.</p>

<p>If a student chooses to participate in Blount Initiative, they will not be kept from moving into Honors Housing in later years.</p>

<p>Thank you everyone for your answers. I want my son in Honors housing or at Blount if he gets accepted into Blount. Him not being able to move into Honors after Freshman year if he was in Blount was a concern so I’m happy it’s a non-issue.</p>

<p>@MichiganGeorgia - Interesting screen name, but if you were trying to cover the first and last games for Bama’s schedule you should have used MichiganNotreDame… :-)</p>

<p>Roll Tide !!</p>

<p>But you can put your roommate into your side so you share a bathroom & then other people will take the other two rooms & share their own bath.</p>

<p>Whoops responded to the wrong post.</p>

<p>@memphisguy - I went to college in Michigan but now we live in Georgia. The game on Saturday will be interesting:) I’m thinking most people in my neighborhood are going to be rooting for UGA…</p>