Freshman Housing-Stanford or Hecht?

<p>yea, people keep saying that Hecht is insanely fun and the people residing there are more hyper, while Stanford is way more chill and the people are nicer. I'm a fun-loving student and so I am kinda leaned towards Hecht, but I am curious as to whether I would be able to concentrate on my studies if I chose Hecht. </p>

<p>Secondly, I am an international student, and I really want to mix around with American students, but I want to know whether international students staying in Hecht have a good time there and make lots of American friends or whether they tend to stick together as a group.</p>

<p>Thanks (:</p>

<p>There have been many other discussions/threads about this topic on CC, which is probably why no one is responding…</p>

<p>From those other threads the one thing that made the most sense to me was something an upperclassman mentioned…something like “every year 2000 brand new freshman move into these dormatories - any “vibe” created during the past school year is replaced by the new “vibe” created by the new batch of freshman” Other than the professors and RA’s that live in the buildings from year to year, how can last year’s reputation persist into the next? </p>

<p>Maybe the tone and reputation that these hallowed halls have earned over the years can be attributed to the profs and upperclass RA’s I mentioned?</p>

<p>I speak with NO authority - I’m the parent of an incoming freshman who chose Hecht because she heard it had a piano somewhere and she likes to ticke the ivories…
~Zinc</p>

<p>Just so that you are aware, many music students choose to live in Stanford, have practice rooms there and it is closer to the music school…not sure if they have a piano as well!</p>

<p>This is about full length mirrors in the freshman dorms.</p>

<p>Are the kids permitted to put them on the inside of the doors?</p>

<p>If they are not permitted to do so, and they do it anyway, how much is the fine? </p>

<p>Do the students adhere the mirrors using Command adhesives, or use over-the-door hooks?</p>

<p>Of course we are allowed to have full-length mirrors, what girl can live without one?</p>

<p>I think we had an over-the-door one freshman year. That works or just use the sticky mounting tape to stick it to the door. Actually, use the sticky mounting tape to stick anything heavy to the walls. It’s a dorm must-have.</p>

<p>do the rooms in hecht come with microwaves and a little fridge?</p>

<p>^lol…sorry, that just strikes my funny bone…</p>

<p>There are vendors in the parking lots during the move in days in August that will sell you microwaves, refridgerators, carpets, posters, etc.</p>

<p>Never heard of a college that provided any of those in the dorms.
~Zinc</p>