Freshman Housing timeline

Does anyone know if students can pull in suitemates too? DS friend has priority and wants to pull in 3 roommates/suitemates. Is this possible? It says “roomate(s)” on the housing website but maybe that is for apartments?

When I click on status it shows nothing and just says I filled out the app and whatnot. I applied March 26th for waitlist. Is there anything I can do to make sure I get housing? Im OOS on the East Coast so I kinda need it

If you applied for honors housing of any sort, email them - I think most of the honors housing progams have a contact listed on the TAMU website; otherwise email residence life so they know you are OOS.

My daughter wants to room with her friend that applied for an LLC. If she gets into LLC they can’t room together. Has everyone who applied for an LLC heard yet? Friend has not…

@Thelma2 How do we know if my twin sons have priority housing? My boys just selected their preferences and have received the email about the room selector coming soon. As long as I understand we haven’t signed any housing contract yet. They just applied for housing within the first 30 days of being accepted at Texas A&M (general admission). I’m a little bit lost.

@labegg how you know you have permanent housing status?

@MomAndHerTwins If your sons applied for housing, then they have signed a housing contract. That is what applying for housing is.
You are now obligated to on campus housing unless you cancel by May 1 the housing contract.

If your sons/you decide they are to live anywhere other than through university housing, you will need to cancel the housing contract by May 1. There is a prorated fee schedule on Page 2, #4 of the contract, I believe, that shows what you are responsible for if you do not cancel the contract.

(A)CHARGES FOR THE FALL SEMESTER
(All New to Housing Student):
 Prior to May 1st – no penalty
 May 2nd to May 30th – $500
 June 1st to Aug 14th – $1000
 August 15th (or after move) – 100% of Fall semester rent

Here is a copy of the fall 2018 housing contract they filled out online.
http://reslife.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/CONTRACT_Semester1819.pdf

Actual StarRez page to sign up for housing. Your sons should have read this. They have to agree to the terms.
https://oncampusaggies.tamu.edu/StarRezPortal/AgreementSignature.aspx?Params=L9ezxPcQnQsDuaBX%2bLFbaR%2bNGcwTq8gR%2f5i8VrMWuMHoLW6IDCpIwmP56jbBA0QftzbJpc%2fkPsQ%3d

Howdy! My daughter is part of the Honors program and I understand they will choose a roommate for her. She will either be at McFadden or Lechner I know. Does anyone know when she will find out who her roommate is and what dorm they will be in ?

@Tuppence22 what is a LLC?

@Thelma2 ai already checked and yes they did signed this contract. Thank you.

I think LLC is living learning center, but I may have the wrong letters.

@MomAndHerTwins - LLC is Learning Living Community, which is part of the LLP (Learning Living Program). Some of the LLCs require special classes and/or requirements (such as University Honors, Engineering), some have common interest themes (Thrive, Faction, Leadership), some are major specific (Broad Street Society, Geoscience, Future Educators), and the new one Spectrum (Autism Spectrum). There are a bunch more.

Students applied to the LLC program as part of their housing applications. Students were notified by the LLC on, or before, April 15th if they were accepted and have until May 1st to accept. In the email it said room assignments will go out before May 15th. I’m thinking it will be sometime between May 1-15 after that May 1st acceptance deadline. If a student decides not to participate in the LLC, then he or she goes back to the regular housing selection process.

More info: https://reslife.tamu.edu/living/llps/

@McKinneyMom My son is doing University Honors, too! I think they will find out their dorm and room assignment between May 1-15th. My reasoning is that the deadline to accept is May 1st and the email my son received said room assignments will be made on, or before, May 15th. Makes sense to me, but who knows… ;))

Oh great! That’s only a few weeks away!

@axton900 Final decision day for colleges in May 1st, so people will start to decline their housing spots if they decided to go elsewhere & want their money back. Since the system is set up for priority for those who sign up within 30 days of admissions decisions many are on list before they even consider which school they will actually attend. Don’t panic, there is plenty of housing here - both on & off campus ‘dorms’ (fully furnished with meal programs). You will just need to wait it out right now until there is some movement on the lists. The off campus dormlike ones do leases - there will be some of those opening up too as some families get overzealous & sign up even before admission decisions are released.

Roommate Selector Is Open

How does roommate selector work? I can’t figure out where to find it/how to use it. I had someone message me last week and someone email me a about an hour ago saying we were matched, but I have no idea how they’re finding me? When I go to the housing portal, where do I go to find other people? Nothing new comes up on the 1st and 2nd parts of the roommate section of the housing application. I feel so dumb.

I see Roommate selector is open but I don’t see any info on Honors…so impatient I am! :slight_smile:

How does roommate requesting work for people on temp housing