Freshman Housing

<p>Which dorms are recommended for freshmen girls to live in? I have no prior experience of UA or its dorms, and am looking for any and all suggestions!</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>It might be helpful if you indicate whether you will be going through rush for greek life, whether you are in the Honors College, what major(s) you are considering, etc. so that folks familiar with the campus could make suggestions. This is a great way to learn about living options on campus. Congrats on acceptance and choosing UA. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Many freshman girls who are rushing choose to live in Tutwiler, which is a traditional, all-female dorm located close to sorority row. Others prefer the suite-style dorms - there are both honors and non-honors buildings. And some prefer living-learning communities (Honors, Blount, Friedman, among others). Are you looking for anything in particular?</p>

<p>Yes, I do intend on rushing. I am thinking of either Advertising, Marketing, or Management as my majors, but I’m undecided right now. I won’t be in the Honors college. I don’t really have a preference between dorm and suite style dorms. I’d prefer to be “in the middle of things” as far as action on campus so I can be very involved in my future sorority and campus activities.</p>

<p>In that case, I’d probably look at Tut and Friedman. Friedman is the living learning community for business majors, and it is really close to the quad and the strip. If you don’t care whether you live in a suite or not, then I’d save the money and go with a traditional dorm. Have you SEEN the supersuites, though? They’re amazing.</p>