Freshman Housing

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Does anyone know what dorms the freshman are able to house in? I was looking at Hillenbrand and it looks so perfect for me but I don't think it's available for Freshman. Given that, do any of you know about McCutcheon or the 3rd Suite Apartments?</p>

<p>Thanks,
Rohan</p>

<p>~Majoring in Computer Science</p>

<p>All of the dorms, barring the graduate level housing, should be available for freshman. The thing is, returning students get first pick, so if Hillenbrand fills up, no freshman will be able to live there. I know for a fact that First Street towers has plenty of space, so you should be able to get a room there no problem.</p>

<p>Hillenbrand is generally filled up by returning students. 3rd Street Suites filled up ridiculously fast (Heck, I couldn’t even get in there), so I highly doubt you’d be able to get a spot in there. First Street Towers generally has some freshman in there, however from what I’ve heard I would try to avoid it (Mainly for the social aspect. However, that is just my opinion).
For most freshmen, you’re looking at:
McCutcheon (Fairly far away from campus)
Harrison (Has Harrison Grille, which is a blessing during those winter nights)
Earhart (Dining Court!)
Tarkington (Tark Mart, which gives you a quick option for snacks/supplies until 11 pm)
Owen (Nothing special about it)
Wiley (Has Wiley Dining Court right near it)
Cary (You’d probably get stuck in the “Cary Closets.” Try to avoid)
Meredith (Nothing great about it)</p>

<p>Shreve is taken up by the honors college, I BELIEVE. Windsor is girls only.</p>

<p>Frankly, I would suggest Harrison, Earhart, or Tarkington (If you’re fine with no air conditioning). I lived in Shreve, which is similar to Harrison and Earhart, and have good friends in Tarkington that I stay with a lot.</p>

<p>Hope I helped a bit!</p>