Freshman in Honors College-does my son need to bring his suit?

Several years ago I followed a CC suggestion and purchased plain black tuxedos at JC Penney for less than that cost of one rental. Sons were able to wear to multiple proms, musical events, etc. I noticed at the time , JCP sells suits that can be purchased as separates - hopefully decreasing the alterations $. Most young men wear slim fit,plain front, no cuffs so older or thrift store suits may not work for them . For any young man who needs an inexpensive suit, consider this option.

It’s definitely worth getting a suit in a more traditional style. Before my junior year, I bought a $1500 suit for $100 at a clearance center. It’s in a very traditional style that’s been popular for at least the last 50 years and will likely be popular for 50 more. As a finance major, this was very important. Note also that those who wear suits can easily tell the quality of a suit. If you are fairly certain that your student will be the same general size for a couple years, get their measurements and go to Nordstrom Rack or the suit manufacturer’s website and shop the sales. After purchasing a suit, get it professionally tailored.

^^^ Agreed, buy traditional not trendy. If your son has a growth spurt, you will be glad for the cuff (to let down) or a little extra width for those added muscles. :slight_smile: