Freshman Internships

<p>When I was visiting Miami, they talked a lot about the abundance of internships the university has to offer. Do you guys know of any students getting internships after their freshman year?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>What field are you interested in?</p>

<p>Lots of students work in labs in the Biology department, and there is a research office in the department which helps to hook you up with people both in the Bio department and at the Med school. I’m not really sure about people in other schools… I know sports administration majors get opportunities to work with the Dolphins, Panthers, Marlins, or our own sports teams (I think I read that somewhere on this forum, actually). If you tell me the field, I can ask a friend who is in it.</p>

<p>I plan on double majoring in Accounting and International Relations so either field. Thank you!</p>

<p>The Marine School has tons of internships. My daughter turned one down for the summer as she wanted to come home, but some of her friends stayed and they all had internships.</p>

<p>I wanted to add that they were paid internships.</p>

<p>I contacted my friend from the B-school, but he hasn’t replied yet. I’ll let you know if I hear from him.</p>

<p>I’m also interested in possible internships for students interested in international relations.</p>