Freshman Learning Communities

<p>So, s can’t sign up for a Freshman seminar until BB? Since he is going to a later BB chances are it may be full since it is only one class.</p>

<p>^ they tend to hold spots for the later BBs, and also add classes over the summer.
I was about crazy when DS couldn’t get a prereq course for his dbl. major during the last BB. A few phone calls and a sign-off by the right person and a space was opened. Point is don’t get too worried if your student doesn’t get the schedule they planned on, things will continue to change and open up, some hard choices and flexibility may have to happen, but generally in our experience DS has gotten what he needed.
Case in point, right now for Fall DS has only actually registered for 13 of the 19 credits he plans on keeping (one as a placeholder.) He needs approval for a waiver of a pre-req to get into the Honors level of one, two of his required CS courses are offered only once and are at the same time(?), and he needs approval on the third one to go over 18 credits.
I would be stressed, he is not…</p>

<p>Idinct, they usually open just a few seats for each Bama Bound session. Since seminars are strictly for freshmen your son will likely have a shot at getting into the seminar of his choice. If not he can always contact the prof and ask for an override. </p>

<p>I know it’s not possible for everyone, but attending an early BB session is a huge advantage in getting the schedule you desire. Even though something may be full at your BB session you can always log in during another BB session and jump on the class you want as they open up a few more seats.</p>