Freshman - Not reporting coursework

<p>A friend of mine applied as a freshman to a UC and had previous Community College coursework he did not report. He never reported it, and never earned credit for it.</p>

<p>Was this against University academic policy somehow? I know it’s very much against academic policy for transfers, but I want to know about freshman admissions.</p>

<p>I would really like the details about this; I can’t find much about it, except that over and over the UC site says you must report all coursework. Was this grounds for revocation of admission? Was it in any way fraudulent? Obviously the DA isn’t going to pursue this sort of thing if it were, but to what extent was this ‘against the rules’?</p>

<p>Of course it’s against academic policy. This is usually how it goes down: </p>

<p>The student never reports the coursework until s/he is ready to graduate and is two units short, then the student brings up the prior college coursework.</p>

<p>The registrar’s office talks to the admissions office and the student is either penalized somehow or gets thrown out of the school without a degree.</p>

<p>I personally worked with a transfer student who erroneously omitted a transcript. The student was forced to switch to the regular GE track because the UC campus invalidated the IGETC as penalty for the mistake. I’ve heard from a UC transfer admission officer who worked with a student who was thrown out after showing a previously concealed academic record in hopes of graduating on time (two units short).</p>

<p>Come clean now or **forever **hold your peace.</p>