Freshman Transfer mid-year

I am a FY at a tiny liberal arts college in CT and am desperate to transfer to a larger university, hopefully with a business school, for spring 2024. I keep hitting road blocks due to schools’ over enrollment (therefore not taking spring transfers this year) and credit requirements (need credits completely earned before applying—not in progress). I’d like to stay within a few hours driving to Philadelphia. Any recommendations?

Have you called the admissions advisors at the schools you are considering? You may be able to enroll conditionally, pending successful completion of the classes you are taking now.

If there is a school where you were previously admitted, but chose not to attend, I would start there. They probably still have a file on you, which might make it smoother. That was what my son did (on the West Coast).

1 Like

I was an athletic recruit and ED’d so I didn’t submit additional applications. I have reached out to the school I’d like to attend most but they are strict that five classes (15 credits) must be completed. My current school only has first years take four classes and they won’t be completed by the time app is due.

The original poster is welcome to repost under their own account. Since Terms of Service prohibits sharing accounts, I am closing this thread.