Freshman Year

<p>I will be attending UA in the Fall of 2012. I am starting to look into housing. I want distance from class rooms to be an important factor in which housing I choose.</p>

<p>Im not in honors and right now ill probably room in either Paty, Harris, or Burke. I am wondering what buildings will I be using my freshman year on campus.</p>

<p>I will be a Finance major most likely if that helps.</p>

<p>Friedman is closest to the business school buildings and houses the CB&A living learning community. Most of your classes might not be in Bidgood or Alston, though. You can look up the fall classes on MyBama, and many of them have locations listed. Then go to the interactive map on the UA website and see which dorms are best located relative to the classes you’re likely to take.</p>

<p>well the reason im not going to stay in friedman is because i probably wont have many or any business related classes freshman year, because ill be doing all the prerequisites. also i would like to room somewhere with all or mostly freshman so i can meet people.</p>

<p>Have you considered Ridgecrest South - South Tower?</p>

<p>ridgecrest south-south tower is definitely your best bet! it’s the closest you can get to the ferg & you get your own room!</p>

<p>Most dorms will have lots of freshmen. As a non-honors business major, Friedman is the best choice even if ones classes are on other areas of the quad. As it is a living-learning community, you have a better chance of getting on-campus housing in future years. Otherwise, Burke and Paty are your other traditional dorm options. Harris is a living-learning community for students in the colleges of Nursing, HES, and C&IS, so you will likely not be eligible to live there.</p>

<p>I like Burke because it’s close to a good dining hall.</p>