Freshmen and Dorms

<p>So I was filling out the housing contract today, and i was wondering if there is any chance at all that a freshmen could get a suite if it wasn't part of a theme or leadership housing unit? I got two friends who think we should try, but i am a little skeptical because I think we have no chance.</p>

<p>You don't have a very good chance but it happens. Might as well try.</p>

<p>im an incoming sophomore and i was applying for housing and all the uites were filled. haha i think prolly 99% of the sophomores/juniors/seniors sign up for the suites (the ones staying on campus that is) and for a freshmen to get it would be surprising. If I were you I would sign up with a friend and choose a big room in a not so nice dorm, be kinda hard, but its probably the most doable option. Like go visit lee, oshag, or egglston and look for a big room...but if you dont find one dont feel bad cause I am a sophomore and i'll b stayin in slusher tower next year (pretty dissapointing but its cause all i applied for was suite housing, mistake, dont do if ur smart)</p>

<p>If you do the leadership thing you have to take an extra class but you get good dorms.</p>

<p>Still havent gotten my housing forms, should i call?</p>

<p>The forms are online and they take like two minutes at most. You have to login to the my vt thing.</p>

<p>where is it though? i got onto my vt?</p>

<p>I think you have to click the personal info tab at the top and it should be at the bottom of the page.</p>

<p>You really can't get a suite as a freshman without doing Hillcrest(honors) or the rlc.. and unfortunately I think RLC is pretty much full with people. I applied back in like late march and got in, but by may 1st I had already heard talks that they will done accepting applications for it.</p>