Freshmen Class Signup

<p>Is it possible for incoming freshmen to sign up for classes online before SOAR? Thanks</p>

<p>Nope, sorry.</p>

<p>You can make a shopping cart of classes if you want, but you can’t actually enroll until your SOAR date.</p>

<p>Ok thank you.</p>

<p>Schedulizer.com is a helpful tool to use after you’ve decided which classes to take. You can save your choices, and as classes fill before your SOAR date, you can log back in to schedulizer.com and eliminate those filled discussions sections, labs, lectures, etc.</p>

<p>Madison85, should I just print a copy of the schedulizer schedules and bring it when I meet my advisor at SOAR? Is schedulizer associated directly with the university?</p>

<p>Schedulizer’s not associated with the school. I wouldn’t bring a copy either since you don’t know what’s going to be available…some of the classes you want may be closed. Just make a wish list online and they’ll help you sort everything else out.</p>

<p>Schedulizer is not associated with UW-Madison but has UW’s course guide (‘timetable’) loaded in for Fall 2011 classes.</p>

<p>Using it and updating it as classes fill (to eliminate those sections) is a helpful way to maintain your ‘wishlist’ of classes in your ‘Student Center’ at my.wisc.edu. No harm in printing it and bringing it with you (it will usually produce many, many options), OR create a similar printable schedule at my.wisc.edu (checking ‘wish list’ when bringing up your class grid) and print/bring it with you (will only show one option).</p>

<p>On the second day of SOAR at 1pm you will be allowed to enroll for classes (I believe the morning is spent working on the wish list and talking to your assigned SOAR advisors). </p>

<p>When the controlled chaos begins at 1pm, sometimes the discussion section you want (which had openings just a moment ago) is now full, so knowing that there’s another disc section in the same time slot is helpful so you can try to enroll in that one before it fills, too…</p>

<p>You can make changes all summer after SOAR up to and including during the first week of classes. Watch for openings if the class you want is full, or email the professor about permission to enroll.</p>

<p>Thanks so much! Where can I find out if classes have filled up over the summer? Will they just be deleted from the list that I can currently see through my-uw?</p>

<p>No, you’ll be able to see that they have closed. I don’t know if you can see the Student Center now but if so the classes will be marked with a red dot as opposed to a green square. A yellow triangle means a wait list. You can still always see every class available at UW, even if it’s closed.</p>

<p>A particular favorite technique of mine is “stalking” a class - checking a few times a day on a closed class you really want to get into to see if any seats have opened up. People change their schedules a lot so a lot of times it works. especially with big classes that are offered at many times but only one that would fit in your schedule, for example. For popular classes the seats can get snapped up pretty quick though so you’ve got to watch!</p>