Freshmen reapplication

Hello guys,

I applied to UC 2018 for freshmen and was rejected. If I reapply this year (Dec 15 extension), would my new application be compared to the 2018 application to see my academic and extracurricular progress in one year? Or should I note on my new application what I have done differently this time around compared to my last application?

Also, does UC carry over application material such as applications, recommendations, and test scores from previous years? Or do I have to submit everything again.

I would contact UC admissions with your questions. I would assume you need to resend all test scores since your New application will have a different UC ID# from last year so matching your scores and application might be an issue since most likely your student portals all have been deleted from last year.

Since you took a Gap year, you will be expected to address what productive activities you have done during this time. I would probably incorporate the information in one of the personal insight essays, but you could put the information in the additional comment section.

Not sure how long they would keep the applications on file, but with the amount of applicants each year, it really does not make sense to keep all applications especially the rejected applicants.

LOR’s should not be submitted unless you are invited by UCB to submit them.

Again, I would confirm all this information with UC admissions but you are cutting this reapplication close.

I am done the reapplication but I just wanted to see if I should add anything for final touch for gap year stuff @Gumbymom

@Gumbymom
I know transcripts are not submitted until acceptance. What about SAT scores when do we submit those? When we apply or when we are accepted ?

Did you find out if you need to resend your test scores and if they have your old application on file? I am asking for informational purposes only.

You need to sent your SAT scores now since the deadline is December 31. AP score reports and transcripts are sent after you are accepted and enrolled.