Freshmen seminars

<p>Do the honors freshmen seminars typically fill up at the honors BB, or do they hold some spots in these as well? My son would like to sign up for the mindset of war one–just wondered if he needed to come prepared with several different options just in case. Also, he probably did well on the AP Calculus test (AB), so does that mean he can go ahead and register for Calculus II even though we don’t have the results back yet?</p>

<p>Oops–thought I forgot to submit first post.</p>

<p>yes, definitely go ahead and register for Calc 2 as if you know he passed his AP.
Some Fresh. seminar spots open and they have also added new ones close to Fall in the past, but come prepared for some alternatives.</p>

<p>When you look up an UHP class, look to see how many kids have already signed up for it. If 15 kids have signed up for the class, then they can’t add seats. UHP classes only have 15 seats.</p>

<p>Mindset of War has all 15 seats taken, so unless someone drops that class, your son needs to assume that he can’t take it this semester.</p>

<p>C 46216 UH 155 003 MA 3.000 FRSem:Mindset of War TR 09:30 am-10:45 am 15 15 0 0 0 0 Kathryn L. Merritt (P) 08/24-12/09 NT 173</p>

<p>You might want to send an email to Dr. Merritt and ask if there’s any talk of opening another section for this class… <a href=“mailto:klmerritt@bama.ua.edu”>klmerritt@bama.ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Thank you! I did email Dr. Merritt just in case. When I look up the class on the catalog (academics tab on left), it doesn’t show how many seats are taken. How do we find that?</p>

<p>*When I look up the class on the catalog (academics tab on left), it doesn’t show how many seats are taken. How do we find that? *</p>

<p>I think you’re in the wrong place…</p>

<p>Go to Home Tab
click on “look up classes” (center column)
go to fall 2011
go to UHP classes (this will look similar at first to what you’ve seen before)
then all the UHP classes will show and you can check space availability.</p>

<p>I copied/pasted that class above…see where I’ve bolded the 15 and 15 - the first number is capacity and the other is actual (however, for other depts, the “capacity” may not be accurate because seats are added to THOSE for future BBs.)</p>

<p>Right now…those with open seats in honors have open boxes </p>

<p>I wasn’t even aware of the way that you were looking at classes. lol</p>

<p>I am going to be helping d with this process this week and next. Thanks for the help.</p>