freshmen welcome day

<p>Is anybody going down April 1st to the admitted students day? Just wondering, I'm pretty sure my mom and I are flying down.</p>

<p>are there any other dates. My parents told me they wanna go till after spring break cuz airfare goes down. any other dates on April?</p>

<p>I am going. I only live like 35 - 40 mins away from the campus, so its an easy commute for me to attend the open house.</p>

<p>im gonna fly down. out of curiosity did anyone else get the cane for a day invatation? or current students, did u do the cane for a day and if so, how was it?</p>

<p>if you cant make the welcome day, you can just go another time and take the accepted students tour</p>

<p>My daughter also got the "Cane for a Day" invitation. We are flying down for the Singer Scholarship competition the weekend before so she's going to stay and do the Cane for a Day as well. They asked her a lot of questions so that they can pair her up with someone like her and it sounds like it will be a fun and informative day!</p>

<p>I can't make it to the April 1st date (plane ticket is too expensive thanks to spring break)... I'm hoping they end up having more than one recruiting/open house day, because I haven't seen the campus in three years, but I don't want to just go down there on a random day.</p>

<p>Actually aphotic, it might not be a bad idea to go on a random day. At first i was bummed out to i couldnt make it to April 1st cuz tickets are too pricy but now that i think bout it, it might not be so bad to go later on a normal day. the April 1st tour is goign to have everything really prepped up, clean and everyone will probably be out of the way nice. on a random day ur gonna see if all that is true or its really a front. ull see wat its really like.</p>

<p>There are accepted student receptions all over the country. Of course you won't get to see the beautiful campus, but there will be representatives from the university available. If you go to the UMiami website, search for "accepted student receptions" and you can rsvp online. Most receptions are next weekend.</p>

<p><a href="http://search.web.miami.edu/query.html?qt=accepted+student+receptions%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://search.web.miami.edu/query.html?qt=accepted+student+receptions&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>whoever said that a random day is better is completely right....</p>

<p>when the tours pass us, my friends and I laugh</p>

<p>Unfortunately none of the receptions around the country are close - the closest is Chicago, I think, which is still about 5 hours away.</p>

<p>Disappointing, since I was kind of looking forward to being enticed to come to UMiami. XD I do agree that theoretically going on a random day would be better, but it's not what I envisioned. ;)</p>

<p>I honestly don't have a clue as to which college I'll pick... Right now it's only between Case Western & UMiami, but that could change in the next couple of weeks as I'm waiting for my last acceptances.</p>

<p>Miami has a much better college experience and school pride/spirit around campus than Case Western imo. Is Cleveland any fun?</p>

<p>We went to see Cleveland and it actually has more to offer than we expected. Small city compared to NYC but still has quite a bit to do - Case is not IN the city but just a short bus ride away. Very easy access... The weather is much different. Case is considered better academically. I expect the student body is different also (Case is more regional, supposedly "less fun"). Both choices are good schools for different reasons. Determine which is a better "fit."</p>

<p>WAIT a minute. How is the freshmen welcome day april 1st when the letters don't usually come out till april 15th? (says the website) Are they coming really early this year lol?</p>

<p>their website says notification "By" april 15th not "on" april 15th. Generally the borderline students that take longer to evaluate will recieve it closer to that date.</p>