Friedrick Hall

<p>Just looking for student opinions about Friedrick Hall...positives and negatives. Thanks.</p>

<p>Alumnus here. The perks are the air conditioning, bathrooms; the higher cost and far western edge of the lakeshore dorms area are negatives. Consider location relative to your classes and decide which factors are most important to you.</p>

<p>I didn't know that such a place even existed on campus</p>

<p>It looks like a nice place from the housing brochure, but I'm worried that it'd be too far away from my classes (Humanities and Social Sciences). How long is the walk from it to some of the classroom buildings on the other side of campus?</p>

<p>^About a 15 minute walk. It's really not <em>that</em> far, but in the cold weather those 15 minutes might feel rather lengthy. There's also a bus that goes around campus quite frequently, but I think it's faster and easier to walk, than to time the bus just right.</p>

<p>The first 10 steps are the worst. Once the blood gets going you actually get warm enough if you walk briskly--and it's uphill too so you really get some good cardio. I walked farther to class nearly all the time and never had to worry about what I ate. I never went to the gym either--did not need it.</p>

<p>Can anyone give some more opinions on Friedrick for 2013 Freshmen?</p>

<p>Sounds great to me. 1 bath per room in a UW dorm--rare. On the lake. Awesome. The UW is big but not THAT big. Nothing is more than a 10-15 minute walk from Friedrick. It's good to walk.</p>

<p>"Friedrick Hall boasts some of the best lake views on campus and is a great place to live for freshmen and continuing students alike. The double rooms are spacious with their own private bathrooms. Friedrick Hall was formerly used as a conference center for university guests and has a warm, home-like atmosphere for students to enjoy.</p>

<p>This coed hall is the perfect size for everyone to get to know one another. Plan a tennis match on the nearby tennis courts or swim at the Natatorium just across the parking lot. Students majoring in nursing, pharmacy, or one of the life sciences will love the proximity to classrooms. Grab a bite at nearby Frank's Place on your way to class! It won't take you long to fi gure out why we say that Friedrick Hall is our best kept secret!"</p>