From Cal Poly to UC?

<p>I am a high school senior, I have been accepted to Cal Poly slo for business. I’m really excited, but I’m worried that I am going to get bored after a few years. So my question is if it’s possible to transfer after two years to a UC ( Berkley, LA, or Irvine). If this is possible what are the chances of actually getting in. What would my Cal Poly gpa need to be?</p>

<p>What do you mean you think you are going to be bored? </p>

<p>It’s easier to transfer from as a CC student to a UC, than a CSU student. They want to give opportunities to those who haven’t had the chance to go to a university.</p>

<p>In the first place, UCLA does not really have an undergrad biz program – it has a Biz-Econ major in L&S. To transfer into Cal-Haas, you should aim for a 3.7+. A 3.5 might work, but an A- average just looks a whole lot better. A B+ average should work for Irvine. </p>

<p>That being said, I’d stay at SLO instead of Irvine, unless you want to work in The OC.</p>

<p>Uh, you aren’t getting into Haas unless you have some serious ECs and get a 3.9+. All the UCs have respectable Econ programs, but Econ does not equal business. You should go to USC if you want to really want an undergrad biz degree because not only is it very respectable, it is pretty easy to get in.</p>

<p>Hass doesnt accept IGETC or tags so you would have to be VERY competitive. 3.9+ gpa and all your prereqs. </p>

<p>UCLA, as said, doesnt have a straight business program so thats a no go.
Irvine is possible, but unless you really want to go there i dont know why you would transfer from slo. slo is a fun place… learn to enjoy it i guess, and if you arent happy than i hope you at least do good while you are there in order to have a chance to go where you really want to. </p>

<p>do work</p>

<p>Thanks you guys, Im waiting right now for UCSC AND UCSB, if I get into them then it will be between </p>

<p>Cal Poly
UCSB
UCSC
UW
SD State</p>

<p>Where do you think I should go?</p>

<p>UW hands down.</p>

<p>if you have the money for OOS
UW,
then
cal poly,
ucsb
ucsc
sd state</p>

<p>UCs give priority consideration to transfer applicants from CA community colleges. Transfer applicants from other 4-year colleges are only considered on a space available basis and therefore the admit rate is extremely low. If your goal is to graduate from a UC, I would recommend attending a CCC and apply for transfer after you complete the general education and major prerequisite requirements (junior transfer). If you are fine with getting a degree from SLO, then stay there and apply for transfer to see what happens.</p>

<p>CCC transfer admit rate to Haas business major hovers around 6%. Most applicants are considered ineligible due to incomplete general education or major prerequisite requirements. You must complete all required courses to be considered.</p>

<p>CCC transfer admit rate to UCAL BizEcon program is just below 14%. You must complete all prerequisites to be competitive for admission.</p>