From Fort Worth to TCU

<p>I love, love, love TCU. I have grown up a frog fan and love everything about the school. The only reason I am hesitant about attending TCU next year is because I live in Fort Worth. I really want to get the full college experience and be away from home. But every time I visit TCU, I can see myself as a student on campus next year. </p>

<p>I was wondering if there are any current or past TCU students that are from Fort Worth that would share about going to college in the same city you lived in?</p>

<p>I am from Fort Worth and I am currently a TCU student. I personally have no problem attending TCU and being in my hometown because I treat it like a college that is really farther away from my house than it actually is. I rarely go home, I rarely see my family, and I currently live on campus in the greek. I believe that if you really try to treat TCU as a college and not an extension of a Fort Worth high school then you’ll be fine. Just stay away from home and make new friends not from the Fort and you’ll be just fine! </p>

<p>Hope you make the right decision, and GO FROGS!!</p>

<p>I’m also from Fort Worth and attend TCU. I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything and actually think it’s convenient to be near home in case of an emergency. I take it you’re going to live on campus, right?</p>