From NOVA to UVA nursing

Hey guys, I wanted to know if it is possible to go to northern virginia community college for the first half of a BSN and then transfer to UVA. The have a guaranteed admissions policy which means that one can transfer if they satisfy their academic requirements. Would I learn more things if I just went there as a 4 year student, or should I take the low cost option.

UVA nursing is direct admit so they prob start with some nursing classes early on. I think you should call them to see if they take transfers in from CC. I do think the cc route with guaranteed admissions is a great deal. I just don’t know how it works with nursing.

Yes, I would definitely call or email with that specific question. Guaranteed admission to the U. does not mean guaranteed admission to any one program within the U.

You may stand a better chance with other public university programs in Va. that do not start their nursing program until the 3rd year of college. Last I checked, as of a couple years ago, UVa was the only public university in Va. that admitted nursing students directly from high school, as opposed to making them apply during their sophomore year for competitive entry into the major.

JMU, George Mason, and VCU have non direct programs. THough VCU is direct for a limited # of students based on test scores. Radford has nursing as well. There are also private schools, Shenadoah being one.