From what I read the acceptance rate is higher for OOS students, but I am reading here that it's...

lower. Can someone tell me what the real deal is? It also looks like the acceptance rate is higher for females. Is this true. Btw, this is where I got my info from https://www.purdue.edu/datadigest/

I see a 67.3% admit rate for in state and a 593.% admit rate for out of state domestic applicants for Fall, 2017. And yes the acceptance rate for women is considerably higher.

These are the official Purdue figures. Where did you read otherwise?

Assuming that my math is correct, the way that I read the Data Digest information is as follows:

Regarding in-state vs. OOS applicants, the acceptance rates for all undergraduates matriculating in Fall 2017 was 68% in-state vs. 63% OOS (domestic) vs. 38% OOS (foreign).

Regarding females vs. males, the acceptance rates for all undergraduates matriculating in Fall 2017 was 66.8% for females vs. 51.6% males.

The differences in the in-state vs. OOS acceptance rates may be influenced by the particular college to which an applicant is applying. For the College of Engineering, for example, the acceptance rates for undergraduates matriculating in Fall 2017 are as follows:

In-state females = 72%
OOS (domestic) females = 69%
OOS (foreign) females = 32%
In-state males = 53%
OOS (domestic) males = 48%
OOS (foreign) males = 22%

In both in-state vs. OOS (domestic) applicant pools for the College of Engineering, there were about 3x the number of male applicants compared to female applicants; for the OOS (foreign) applicant pool, there were about 4.5x the number of male applicants compared to female applicants.

I must have misread. Thanks so much . @TomSrOfBoston