Frost School of Music

@doug4253, that is correct. Everyone who applied to FROST had to be regular decision.

My S received a nice offer including:
President’s Music Scholarship $30,000
Florida Resident Access Grant $3,000
This was RD. His friend received a more generous offer.

@crlieutenant Congrats - that is great. Can a Frost student get a Music Scholarship and an academic scholarship or are Frost students just funded separately?

@beaglemom - regarding scholarships for Frost students, unless things have changed, Frost students can get both kinds of merit scholarships. My S is a senior in Frost and has a Presidential (university) and a music scholarship.

Big congrats to both kids!

Are the theater programs part of Frost?

^^^Arts and Sciences
http://www.as.miami.edu/theatrearts/

Thanks @PCJazz that’s what I thought, but when i called the school to inquire about scholarships they directed me to call either admissions or the Frost school. I’ll start with admissions.

@crlieutenant did your S also receive a FA package?

@rpmjsmom Yes he did. He received a President’s Music Scholarship worth 30k and a grant for 3k. My S was hoping for a full ride so mom and dad wouldnt have to dig deep. All the schools he applied to offered some scholarship money and financial aid.

@crlieutenant, That’s awesome, congrats! R u in the state of Florida or elsewhere?

Yes we are in Florida. My S is still undecided where he will go. Still waiting to hear from a couple more schools.

We are also from FL, my daughter as well! Thanks!

IT’S ALL ABOUT THE []_[], BABY!!!