FSU Class of 2027 Official Thread

The FSU application is open now! You can apply through Common App or the FSU application.
https://admissions.fsu.edu/first-year/

EARLY ACTION (Florida students only)
Deadline 10/15/2022
Decision 12/15/2022

REGULAR DECISION
Deadline 12/01/2022
Decision 02/15/2023

ROLLING DECISION
Deadline 03/01/2023
Decision rolling in early April

Best of luck, all!!

2 Likes

Has anyone submitted their application yet?

2 Likes

Yes, my kid did. But FSU page says it won’t receive Common App sections like activities etc until September. So there wasn’t any point.

2 Likes

Did you see that on the FSU website?

I know that FSU and UF both say they won’t review applications until after the deadline, so there is no benefit in submitting early. (The only benefit at UF is that you can also pay a housing deposit and get in line for housing that way.)

2 Likes

1 Like

How long after it was submitted in Common App until there was access in the FSU portal? It took about 2 weeks for UCF for my son.

He applied August 1st and got the portal link on August 2nd.

1 Like

Nice! He was speedy!

Yeah, but it wasn’t really necessary…and he made a typo in his profile stuff, which was really annoying (fixed now!)

1 Like

yep! we did yesterday! Go Noles!

why need to upload essay and list of activities separately? They are included in Common App.

2 Likes

I don’t understand your question. If the student is submitting via Common App, you don’t need to add the essay anywhere else.

1 Like

I guess there are people who applied via FSU website?
Or they wanted to do belt and suspenders and not wait until September for Common App to link over?
I don’t know, my kid just waited.

And it is still not showing list of activities or essay. So maybe he should’ve submitted himself.

Does anyone know when FSU typically starts sending out their decisions?

1 Like

Oh, it’s not until mid-February. Long wait!

1 Like

For in state students who applied by October 15, they’ll know on December 15. For everyone else, if they apply by Dec 1, they’ll know on Feb 15. If they apply after Dec 1, it’s rolling for space available.

That’s like torture for out of state students. Better off forgetting about it and maybe being pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

The early option for in state is new this year.

It is a long wait for OOS students. My son applied for summer; the window between potential acceptance and starting classes would not be so very wide.

I think FSU itself could be a super fit for him, but I wish I felt better about Tallahassee. My husband and I are from FL, even lived in Tally for a year as newlyweds. We loved it then, and thought of returning someday. But it didn’t look great to us this summer. Campus looked incredible, better than ever. But town, not so much.

4 Likes

My son applied EA instate looking forward to hearing back he also applied to the honors program not sure when he will find that out.

2 Likes