FSU Class of 2027 Official Thread

did you also research the UF issue?

1 Like

But the official FSU decisions havenā€™t come out yetā€¦ so how do they know if the emails meant anything or not? (that text says ā€œplenty of students who didnā€™t get email did get in.ā€)

Or did this happen previously?

1 Like

I didnā€™t. I can only speculate that they both use the same software and/or share application staff. UFā€™s response was just a more detailed, throw our hands up because we have no idea what happened response. FSU says ā€œthis was a system generated email sent in error.ā€ Yes, it was. It wasnā€™t sent by a person and it wasnā€™t meant to be sent at that time aka a system generated email sent in error.

Since UF released some random emails this am as well- I think the FL systems were hacked. I think if you got an email your likely accepted. I also think of you didnā€™t get an email- it does not mean you were not accepted. Just that the hack may have only glitches to send some out. Hang in there everyone! :slight_smile: this is all just my guess because itā€™s the only thing that makes any sense!

2 Likes

it sounds like this is FSUā€™s way of saying we meant to send the emails, just not at the time they were sent

2 Likes
Summary

This text will be hidden

Iā€™m just grasping onto any hope I can have at this point

3 Likes

There isnā€™t a hacker in the world wasting their talent or time to send out accurate premature post-acceptance emails from FSU and UF :slight_smile: Really, the only thing that makes any sense at all is that some upload or update in the admissions system triggered a notification function that should not have been activated.

Example - you pay a bill online. Two days later you get an email that your payment has been processed. Thatā€™s because a field in the database in the backend of their application changed from ā€œPā€ pending to ā€œCā€ complete and the ā€œCā€ triggered a process that sends an email to you that your payment has been processed. Same thing here, except the update or upload of ā€œAā€ Accepted triggered the email. Again, just an educated guess on their process, but I doubt Iā€™m wrong. Weā€™ll find out in a few hours I guess.

3 Likes

Already got deferred from UMiami, FSU is last hope to end up in Florida

You could be totally right! I just think it would be odd for BOTH schools to have made errors at the same time. But as you said- weā€™ll see!

2 Likes

I really really hope Iā€™m wrong, but nothing else makes any logical sense to me. Emails donā€™t send themselves. Stable software applications donā€™t have major glitches that send random emails out to people that donā€™t deserve them. Computers donā€™t think. They do what theyā€™re told.

Good luck and godspeed to us both!!

1 Like

I think the people who got them did get admitted. All I think is that they may or all be released yet! Who knows:) weā€™re all crazy!

People did all receive the emails at different times, so this definitely could be the case.

Will the decisions come out at 4? Iā€™m tired of speculating :tired_face:

Ah and to your point about the different times, emails like this being sent at 2am seems odd anyway.

Meaning odd times sometimes does indicate hacks. Ok Iā€™m done guessing! Ha!

It could also mean they havenā€™t all been released. Hereā€™s hoping this is the case for UF as well.

For sure. I donā€™t believe they are all released.

2 Likes

I saw some Reddit users saw the Presidential Scholar Nomination on their portal and did NOT receive the email so there is still hope!

3 Likes

I do remember a thread where ā€œcongratulations youā€™re admittedā€ emails were accidentally sent out. I think it was a Virginia school. It was an accident and devastating, Iā€™m sure to those who were actually denied.

3 Likes