FSU Class of 2027 Official Thread

Kind of makes me miss the days where you just waited for the fat envelope in the mail. Lol.

5 Likes

T minus less than 2 hours

Overnight is when update processes run.

The Russians are not trying to make us anxious with our Florida college decisions.

Was anyone who got the FSU email able to set up their email? Mine is showing that the account doesn’t exist but I was able to get into the myFSU portal with my FSU id.

Hahah- I do t think it’s the Russians! I just think we have never received any college acceptances/ emails in the middle of the night!

*dont

I did receive my acceptance from Iowa State at 12:17 am. It might be different though because it’s rolling admissions, but it did come out at an odd time.

1 Like

This emails are ones that are normally sent but usually the day or so after the portals have been updated. We will see in a couple of hours if they were accidentally sent a day early or if it was unrelated to admission at all. Should be interesting for UF applications if the FSU emails were right about acceptance!

Where is this from?

1 Like

uf Facebook

2 Likes

No email received last night. What a colossal mistake. Fingers crossed but we’re not optimistic about our daughter’s chances. (She’s in state, previously deferred from in state EA).

1 Like

This whole situation is unfortunate but it’s really just noise. I’m choosing not to alert my son to check his email so he won’t have the added stress. These emails also would likely not go out to anyone that is “deferred” so this is the hope even if it was somehow known that the email went out to every single student that is admitted.

1 Like

We’re in same boat and taking the same path- we didn’t alert our daughter to this drama.

2 Likes

Those are some impressive stats. Test scores are lower than other competitive schools, but FSU is not test optional so that makes sense to me.

1 Like

This isn’t an acceptance/decision notification. It’s a post-acceptance email that would typically come from FSU a day or two after you’ve officially been accepted. Again, the processes that update applications and databases typically run overnight because that’s when the fewest people are on the system using system resources. Instead of being a scheduled notification, it was triggered by an update to the database A (Accepted - send the email) or R (Rejected - don’t send the email) for example instead of “send this email at 2 pm on 2/17” or “X hours after the update to A.”

Does anyone know what time decisions officially come out?

4 pm est

1 Like

I bet they get that right
:rofl:

My student’s college counselor said he spoke with FSU admissions and was told that overall, 44% of in state applications were accepted to FSU. RD acceptance was 32%. The acceptance rate for EA was 59%. There were approx. 5700 students deferred from EA. Of that, approximately (only) 1,300 were accepted. Another 450 were admitted via pathways or spring transfer. FSU is being dishonest about what happened. Every single student receiving that email is being accepted. It remains to be seen if any are accepted that didn’t receive it. Given how many EA deferrals received the email at my son’s school today, I’m not hopeful about the results. Throw UF into the mix and he said school today was chaos for seniors. Thanks for nothing FSU.

1 Like