FSU Class of 2027 Official Thread

Did anyone get accepted in state with no email?

1 Like

My daughter never received an email and was accepted

1 Like

I don’t think you understand how helpful this reply was!! I’ve been stressing about the possibility that the emails were only sent to in state acceptances since I didn’t see anyone in this thread who stated they were accepted in state and didn’t get an email! (I’m stressed about UF)

2 Likes

Is there a FB page for parents of accepted students? Trying to get some feedback on Honors program in CS

1 Like

There are many.

FSU Parents
FSU 2027 Parents
FSU Honors Program Parents

1 Like

Thanks! I heard that housing is reserved for honors students but there is a deadline now for priority lottery. Should we pay the deposit now or this can be done later?

1 Like

We have decided it is worth it to put deposit down. However my daughter is struggling to get thru the steps saying she cant get duo verification. Anyone else get it completed yet?

Yes we learned it from the FB forum later. The portal was not letting us process payment but today it worked.

1 Like

It will make you put admission deposit first and then there is an orientation step finally followed by the housing deposit.

Need to pay two deposits? Is the admission deposit refundable? Thanks.

Anyone here from the Carolinas? Looking to introduce my son to other incoming freshman. He will be starting in the summer session just after HS graduation.

1 Like

Yes 2 deposits the housing one is somewhat refundable with a $50 cancellation fee.

Hi, I’m a first-time college parent. Any suggestions, tips, or resources will be highly appreciated. I’ve been reading the thread and it seems like FSU requires two deposits, one for enrollment and one for housing. How about orientation? It seems like orientation is also required.

Is anyone from Louisiana?

Daughter accepted OOS with a tuition waiver.
GPA: 4.7 W ; 4.0 UW
ACT: 35 Composite, 36 Superscore
National Merit Finalist, National Honors Society
Lots of ECs, Leadership, and Community Service.

4 Likes

Yes, housing and enrollment are separate deposits. Orientation is required and has additional fees.

Thank you!

Have you joined the Facebook group for parents? Very helpful.

Thank you! However, I cannot find the FSU 2027 Parent Facebook page.

@MrsRev posted FB names in this thread a few days ago.

I am! Received a deferral but hopeful to get good news in the next round of decisions :sweat_smile: