FSU Class of 2027 Official Thread

We will decisions be released for those that applied for the 3/1 deadline?

Also learnt something new does college of engineering offering CS major share the campus with Florida A&M university? Does that mean kids donā€™t stay and study in the main campus?

Did anyone hear about the status of the FSU Honors Medical Scholars Program? Have they announced the finalists and interview date?

I was wondering the same thing

Has anyone heard if they announced Pres. Scholar?

1 Like

CS is in College of Arts and Sciences - main campus, CE is in College of Engineering - FAMU.

1 Like

I also donā€™t see the major listed in the decision letter. Does it mention for anyone?

never mind ā€¦ I found it on the portal

Same here. Son was deferred. Iā€™ve heard/read different answers to your question. If you look at the website, it states decisions will be on a rolling basis and by early April. Iā€™ve also ā€œheardā€ that decisions could go out prior to this date. Iā€™ve advised my son to check the portal on a regular basis just in case the decision comes out earlier.

As a side note, it will be helpful for your s/d to join the Instagram account for the class of 2027. Also, any other social media associated with FSU. Our daughter was able to meet a lot of students and make a lot of friends that way.

It may not be available/started yet. If/when you join just a heads-up that it can be overwhelming at times and a little out of control with some of the questions parents ask. Our daughter is in the class of 2025 and we are part of that group. There will be a lot of helpful info, but be prepared for some crazy questions at times. LOL. Congrats and good luck to your student.

Does anyone know if deferred studentā€™s decisions are released prior to normal rolling admissions? Curious as I looked at last years thread and it seemed like some deferred students heard back Mid-March but I didnā€™t know if they gave them a different timeline for response time.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard from the Honors Medical Scholars Program?

My son got deferred. He received the notice yesterday. He is in! Now a new Seminole! Excited for him!

5 Likes

for the ones attending what major did you guys choose?

Exercise Physiology

1 Like

I applied OOS for regular decision, but my SSAR didnā€™t submit, so I was pushed to rolling decision. Iā€™m curious if rolling decision is more competitive and also when the decisions will be coming out. I have a 1460 SAT, pretty strong ECā€™s, good essays and LOR, and a 3.6 uw GPA at a competitive boarding school (no weighted GPA), what are my chances of admission?

Based on this you might have a chance but itā€™s really tight this year

You have a chance.

1 Like

Hi, My daughter has been selected as a member of the Presidential Scholars Class of 2027 at FSU. Hope your son has been selected.