FSU Class of 2027 Official Thread

I see that regular decision is Feb 15. Do they typically stick to this date, or sometimes announce a bit early?

Never early- it will be on Feb 15th

1 Like

They will definitely stick to that date, likely late afternoon.

We received an email from FSU today, stating that the decision would be available on Feb. 15. They must be receiving a lot of calls or something! :slight_smile:

We did too. Part of me wishes schools wouldn’t send us reminders or “happy holidays” emails (not FSU) as it can lead to false hope to our already stressed seniors.

2 Likes

It shouldn’t really lead to false hopes, since the date is Feb 15 and today is Feb 2. They are very clear and firm about their date.

Hi there! We received the same email today as well. So nervous for this day. FSU seems to be so competitive. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Did anyone see a change in the assigned admissions counselor in their student’s portal? My DS had a regional admissions counselor and now has the Assoc Director of Admissions. His regional counselor is still on the FSU website. Not sure what that means??

1 Like

No change in DS’s portal. We’re OOS, so waiting for RD. I’ve wondered about the status bar because it’s in the “Under Review” position rather than the “Awaiting Decision” position though he’s had green checkmarks for months. Have others updated the SSAR/SRAR following first semester grades?

2 Likes

Same boat here. OOS No portal change and still under review. Our semester just ended so wondering if we should update SRAR, too

1 Like

My son was deferred in-state, so probably a different portal and process. He doesn’t have any of the decision/under review notations he had in the EA round. Good luck to the OOS kids!

4 Likes

Not admitted yet, but trying to run the Net Price Calculator. The one on the university site is quoting pricing from the 2017-2018 school year. Maybe that’s a typo?? Anyone seeing a more updated version?

1 Like

I would just use this as the best estimate
and hope for a merit scholarship to reduce the total cost (approx $24k in-state and $38k out of state):

Undergraduate Costs 2022-2023

The costs below are estimates based on average expenses. You can learn more about the cost of attendance by visiting Understanding the Cost of Attendance | Office of Financial Aid (fsu.edu)

Florida Residents
Non-Florida Residents

Tuition
$ 5,616
$ 18,746

Fees
$ 50
$ 50

Housing
$ 7,069
$ 7,069

Food
$ 4,496
$ 4,496

Books/Supplies
$ 1,000
$ 1,000

Transportation
$ 1,120
$ 2,236

Personal
$ 4,412
$ 4,412

TOTAL

$ 23,790
$ 38,036

Books/supplies, transportation, and personal will vary so much. Personal May include things you already pay for, like insurance.

Thanks so much, Thr3ooo!

2 Likes

Does anyone know what time decisions release?

Usually around 4:00 pm EST.

2 Likes

Is it normal that my DS’s portal still says “under review?” His application was complete in October.

Same for my DS.

1 Like

Got email regarding “Supporting your student through this week – and the weeks ahead” as FSU prepares for the release of another round of admission decisions.

1 Like