Full Tuition Scholarships

Did anybody get a full tuition merit scholarship/invite to scholarship weekend yet? Lmk. Thanks.

What/when is scholarship weekend?

Son got invited to Foote Fellows Weekend March 22-23. Is that the same thing?
He got president’s scholarship for $23,000/yr

No scholarship weekend is for premier scholarship recipients and its march 1 to 2 @mamawitch

Premier eh? Well Feb 23-25 is for The Super Duper Special Scholarship Champions!

@jbseattle ?

Joking

Director of admissions for my area said all premier and scholarship weekend invites have been distributed. Better for my son to know rather than hold out hope. :frowning:

Where is your area?

All I have heard people say they got is singer… what about weeks and stamps? Peculiar that nobody has talked about those in the large admissions thread. Also sorry for creeping but @jhbenham9 I believe that @ufalumn1997 is in florida

Yes, Florida. I haven’t heard a peep about weeks, stamps, hammond on here…so weird.

Are you asking for this current cycle, or from years past?

@Physics_131-S I guess both, I have heard nothing about stamps anywhere

There is a separate thread about this year’s Hammond - I believe the Hammond weekend is end of March. But I haven’t seen anyone identify as having heard about Stamps or Weeks either.

Gratefully received Singer and heading down to Scholarship Weekend Mar 1-2 which will be the first campus visit. If anyone has previous experience with this event please comment. How helpful are the sessions, how to get the most out of them, suggestions, tips in general are appreciated.

Will be in school of business and honors program and looking forward to meeting profs, current students and recent alumni. Thank you.

Not sure how they are conducting scholarship weekend this year. They have left the students who work the weekend entirely in the dark (will find out on day of). Surprising they handed out the Singers before the weekend though. In years past they announced Foote Fellows, Stamps, and Singers about two weeks after each weekend. Last year they made a huge change by replacing interviews with model classes, but like I said, they haven’t told anyone what this years’ plan is.
Biggest overall piece of advice is be confident, but not full of yourself. They are looking for leaders and go-getters, not necessarily geniuses.

@Physics_131-S Thank you. There doesn’t seem to be an interview component for Singer.

Here’s a link to the weekend schedule:
https://scholarshipweekends.miami.edu/schedule/index.html

I wish they would have shared this schedule with us haha, so it looks very similar to last year. Model classes will probably give a written essay of sorts asking you to write about the lecture presented (that’s what they did last year). I’m not under the impression this was a maker or breaker last year, just a piece of the puzzle. In the last few years they have openly admitted they still look at your common app when deciding these. Best of luck to your child!